free hit
counters
Finally, Restoration Begins! - Page 10 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hello Giorgio,

I have one of your photos saved which shows your radiator and fans in place, and 2 black braces for the pod laying on the floor. Looking at my own set-up I can't figure where those braces would attach at either end. Perhaps you might advise on this?

Cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE guys, after 3 attempts the beauty has started after 10 years of sleeping 😀😀 , first two attempts have been wrong as I have  stupidly routed the dizzy cables 180°out....🤣🤣 but (thanks again

Et voilà!!!  One year of bodywork but the photos speaks for me! Gorgeous Essex Blu in all his glory 😀. My effort has been

Body on chassis to check that everything is ok prior to drill new body to chassis holes for fixing point as the chassis is new and needs to be centered and drilled. just a 2mm misalignment on the left

Posted Images

Here the pics for you Steve, sorry not very good as the Phone camera is gone. As you can see the two rad stay are bolted on chassis and rad cow as for the Lotus Manual specifications.hope this helps.

Giorgio

C1406F8F-9827-4F5A-8F14-811BCCDE1F62.jpeg

8DC0FE10-D5FE-4AC7-B1CA-6A3A44C93381.jpeg

1BBA5B53-CC82-4AB3-9E2F-D2AD276D2F46.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Still not on the road due to a leaking water pump just taken out... also car is not registered yet and I don’t know if it would be as here in my region we cannot drive anymore Euro 0 cars even if “classic” .. idiot politicians. So could be for sale soon if things does not change.. 

• Sad 3
1 hour ago, giorgio67 said:

Still not on the road due to a leaking water pump just taken out... also car is not registered yet and I don’t know if it would be as here in my region we cannot drive anymore Euro 0 cars even if “classic” .. idiot politicians. So could be for sale soon if things does not change.. 

Was it the pump in the end? Last I looked at this thread I wasn't sure if it was just a hose that needed tightening up, or the bolt hole was leaking or something? Though the bolt doesn't go into the water jacket as far as I remember.

2 hours ago, giorgio67 said:

Unbelievable and appalling! Bloody idiots should be respectful of their own history, the car was designed in Turin and still stands iconic 50 years on! As if the comparatively few true classics would have any material impact on air quality, especially with so many 2-stroke scooters and diesel lorries oiling their way around European urban centres. As electric automotive technology continues to evolve there will be ongoing improvement of air quality as lorries, scooters and automobiles increasingly become zero output.

Thanks indeed for the pics, Giorgio, just can't imagine you losing the car over such a petty perspective. 

2 hours ago, giorgio67 said:

I can’t believe this so stupid. Its a worry though this idea might spread and these car could be finished in the future. Very sad.

• Like 1
On 01/07/2020 at 17:02, giorgio67 said:

Is this for real????? So what about all those beautiful lancia's,ferrari's,alfa romeo's....the complete Italian motor heritage....they can not be driven anymore in Italy?

These rules are for the Turin town where I live, you can drive Euro 0 cars in the country with other limitations. In Milan you can drive Euro 0 classic cars but Milan is in Lombardia a different region from Piemonte. Every  region has different rules  but sadly I’m living in Turin. Different rules for car with 20, or more than 30 years. 

You'd better move house. I don't think I could just look at it after all that hard work! 🙂

It's getting there......

On 01/07/2020 at 18:53, Lotusfab said:

I can’t believe this so stupid. Its a worry though this idea might spread and these car could be finished in the future. Very sad.

I think it's a given that all petrol cars will eventually be banned everywhere. Electric is the future, like it or not.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

I don’t like it,  I have to do at least 60000 miles in my Turbo to get my use out of it! 

There is no sound argument to be made for the outlawing of a comparatively few classic cars. To do so would be to diminish the cultural fabric for the sole sake of appeasing the most dogmatic environmental views whilst offering no material benefit in that regard. Some day not too many years down the road today's young will ascend to positions of dominance over such policies, taking with them the anti-automobile mindset well-cultivated over the course of their upbringing via media and politics. Until then perhaps the tastes of the relatively wealthy and presently influential auto enthusiasts will hold sway in most jurisdictions.

Cheers