free hit
counters
Finally, Restoration Begins! - Page 7 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE guys, after 3 attempts the beauty has started after 10 years of sleeping 😀😀 , first two attempts have been wrong as I have  stupidly routed the dizzy cables 180°out....🤣🤣 but (thanks again

Et voilà!!!  One year of bodywork but the photos speaks for me! Gorgeous Essex Blu in all his glory 😀. My effort has been

Body on chassis to check that everything is ok prior to drill new body to chassis holes for fixing point as the chassis is new and needs to be centered and drilled. just a 2mm misalignment on the left

Posted Images

I know now. So I need to build up one as for the original or I will use alloy tray painted black?  

Uhmmm..any pics of the tray from underside of the bay? Also need some details of the parts used to fix the battery inside.

Thanks

If you need more pics pm me your email address and I can send the original full size files. Pics I upload on here get reduced from 2MB to tiny little 40KB files with no detail and resolution for some reason. Not sure why it does this. 

IMG_1273.JPG

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Giorgio

I have a couple of late S1- S2.2 battery boxes want me to send you one as a pattern ?

Matt

Let me know If you have a S1 esprit for sale 🙂

• 1 year later...
On 2016-3-1 at 10:29, Matt-watts said:

Giorgio

I have a couple of late S1- S2.2 battery boxes want me to send you one as a pattern ?

Matt

Hi @Matt-watts, have you still got a late S1/S2 battery box available?

Regards,

David.

• 9 months later...

Hi Giorgio,

The reupholstered seat looks beautiful! On the choice of paint it is my view that the light shades in metallic are best at revealing the subtleties of the Esprit form, however the style of the car is so superior that it looks great in any colour. You are not alone in your long struggle in this restoration, like many others in this community I too have worked through many of the difficulties you have described. My S2, purchased in '97 without driving as the motor was damaged, was stored until a garage was built in '07. Restoration inched forward slowly for the next few years while business and other home responsibilities got priority. Work has been more intense in recent years but overall progress is impeded as consequence of both hard use and neglect of the car over its long life. I take the view that we who take the long journey to thoroughly restore such cars should identify more as art curators, than as gearheads. Your car will be magnificent.

Steve     

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Stunning, love the workshop lotus colour scheme also,  Rolling chassis looks lovely,  lots of hard work and it shows, this will be a stunning car and will reward you with many happy years trouble free hopefully lol.

Cant wait to see the body in the paint shop

• Like 2

A

Just love it. Inspiration to get on with my S2 body 👌🏼

Did you drill out all of the mounting holes around the body to ensure they haven’t closed up with filler etc?

so excited for you.

• 5 weeks later...

That looks :wub:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

So happy for you,   Such a great feeling for you  to finally get the top coat on  :thumbup:,  Lovely colour also,  did it leave  the factory  that way or did you just like Essex blue ?

Look forward to the shell going back on to that fantastic rolling chassis !

Well done, so pleased for you, top marks for effort and presentation :thumbup:

A

21 hours ago, giorgio67 said:

Et voilà!!!  One year of bodywork but the photos speaks for me! Gorgeous Essex Blu in all his glory 😀. My effort has been imageproxy.php?img=&key=f91d8068176956b1

3F89F03D-80D3-4965-94AE-A411F90CC9C6.jpeg

8B9FD782-9DE5-4920-BAAD-5766941925B2.jpeg

6F9B2CB5-4B07-4A2E-BA85-AFA32A69287D.jpeg

61433417-F8A9-482F-B60B-79ED88136DB6.jpeg

Sorry for the mistake guys but on my first post I have attached two pics of another car not mine, you can see the differences in the front boot, sorry. 🙄

• Like 2