free hit
counters
Finally, Restoration Begins! - Page 8 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Finally, Restoration Begins!

Well done Giorgio, Your car look magnificent, you are an inspiration to us All. It takes a lot of commitment to stick to such a long term project. Congratulations on your car so far

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hello guys, lot of work here reassembling  my babe so time to post some pics of the progress.

Everything takes ages to be mounted correctly and a lot of non original parts needs to be worked prior to fit...but I'm happy to see a new car in the shade! 😀

3CC341AE-CF68-44C4-8D38-AD6966D866B0.JPG

IMG_0909.JPG

663672F7-478E-49A4-8ACB-AC84D540482F 2.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0914.JPG

This is going to look stunning when it is finished.

:respect:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Giorgio, if you wish to invert your main bean warning lamp so that it is right way up it can be done without much trouble. With lamp removed you can push the thin plastic lenses from behind with the eraser (soft) end of a pencil far to enough to insert a fingernail or small instrument which will allow the lenses to be plucked out. They are quite flexible so it's then an easy matter to orient correctly and bend with fingertips to permit reinsertion. FWIW.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yes it's coming...I hope next week first start... I had nightmare times fitting radiator-assembly-pipes-fans-spoiler-front grille-horns-wiring etc as as always nothing fits as it should and not a single hole for fixing was right...

update soon with pics.

G.

• Like 1

Hi guys, lot of work past month and very happy to see all my shiny parts mounted on my babe. Needs to connect all the wiring in the engine bay, fill the cooling system, the fuel tanks and I will try to start after more than 10 years of sleeping... Finger crossed, I will make a video of the first start!

G.

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1603.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This is going to be stunning when finished as the attention to detail is impressive! Remember to turn he steering wheel round though as it’s currently upside down unless of course this is the preferred way?

• Like 1