free hit
counters
Age & Time - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Age & Time

ramjet

I was just talking to Liz as I was getting dressed and we came up with the question of why time seems too get quicker the more we age?

There is no doubt a theory about this somewhere. Liz takes an elderly friend to get her hair done on a Friday every week. Liz said that it seems as if every day she gets up, it is time to take Joan to the hairdresser.

All I seem to realise is 'I'm now ## years old, where has all the time gone?'

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I never thought of it that way.

Oh well. That's this topic finished. <insert 'Exit Stage Left' emoticon>

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

• Gold FFM

Could there also be done level of routine in there as well?

If you walk an unknown path it seems further than one you know because you don't know the way and there is so much new input. Could be the same with time. When you are 5 there are lots of new things to see and learn at every step. At 60 you probably have at least some form of daily/weekly routine and everything along the way is something you've seen before.

Edited by TdM

Possibly. I remember moving over to Victoria from WA over 9 years ago. It just doesn't feel like 9 years ago.

Agree with what Stephen said. Time goes more slowly when you are learning something new as you have to concentrate on it. When you are young, everything is new, so time appears to stand still. 

Learn something new, it will make your life feel as if its moving more slowly and you'll have the satisfaction that goes with it. 🙂

It's getting there......

I was 21 a year ago, 26 6 months ago and I just met Wendy. My sons were crawling around my legs just a few weeks ago and I bought my first Lotus yesterday.

Thats what it feels like to me. I met Wendy 26 years ago, my sons are 22 and My first Lotus, An Esprit S4 I bought on my 40th Birthday when all my friends from "Lotus Esprit Forum" came down to celebrate with me. I still have the pics.

I'm old but not sure where the time has gone @ramjet

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

2 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

There are 60 seconds in one minute and 60 minutes in one hour. @comem47, you chose 60 years as your example, was that coincidence?   Are you sure?

Units to units on both sides of the equation.  I'm an old fart at 67(yrs).  😉

On 20/07/2020 at 14:14, comem47 said:I'm an old fart at 67(yrs).  😉

I was having a conversation about state pension age just last night and thinking 15 years to go for me and that’ll be here before I know it basted on the last 15 years - unless it’s extended again by the time I get there.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Remember those experiments in total isolation tanks? When all outside stimulii are removed, the participant lost 'sense' of time. Few. Lasted for long as a couple of minutes felt like interminable hours 

Humans have no true sense of the passage of time-we rely on outside cues to help us which is why as our lives get fuller, time seems to pass faster. I don't think it's necessarily because we are older. I don't expect a year in prison feels fast even to a 60 yr old?

Einstein said something like " a minute spent sat on a hot cooker feels like an hour yet an hour spent sat with a beautiful woman feels like a minute.   That's relativity!"

• Like 2

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein