free hit
counters
Rugen, Germany - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• Gold FFM

I am off to Berlin next June for a couple of concerts with the wife. Decided to turn it into a holiday and fancy travelling up to Rugen for a week as heard it's lovely round there. Just wondering if any of our German members (or others) had any hints, tips re where to stay, restaurants, things to do etc....

Thanks in advance.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And they love a British sportscar.  Enjoy the 'bahns whilst you can...Green Party will impose universal speed restrictions if they are needed in coalition.  Justin  

Peenemünde is between Berlin & Rugen 

Love Germany. Usually go twice a year and have been going there for 45 years. Next visit is in 7 weeks. German people are some of the friendliest I’ve eve met. So many times I’ve been in pubs/bars and

A couple of restaurants, highly recommended, but check on opening

https://restaurant-volt.de/en/ - Housed in an old electricity sub-station

https://www.boccadibacco.de/en/ - My favourite Italian

Must have afternoon tea in theAdlon Kempinski. Fantastic history -  https://www.kempinski.com/en/berlin/hotel-adlon/?source=S46992213&ds_rl=1252659&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6uT4BRD5ARIsADwJQ19QZ5dXm1VVQ3J2BHCCKvgu8jnlf8XVLeNSTlFKIwr27I64R1UGqcYaAsn-EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• Gold FFM

If you are in to your history, visit Potsdam and the bridge of spies.

Justin 

• Gold FFM

Great. Thanks for the responses gents. Much appreciated and will research these.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Peenemünde is between Berlin & Rugen 

• Thanks 1

Prora is on Rugen if you are interested in Nazi history and was later occupied by the Russians

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Not interested in Nazi history, but certainly German.

Love Germany. Usually go twice a year and have been going there for 45 years. Next visit is in 7 weeks. German people are some of the friendliest I’ve eve met. So many times I’ve been in pubs/bars and complete strangers want to chat and buy you a beer (proper beer not our English rubbish) just because you are English! - imagine that situation in reverse - whos approached a German in a U.K. pub and offered to buy them a beer? - it just wouldn’t happen obviously. 
if you like food and a drink (think you’ve said you do before now) you’ll enjoy it immensely.

And that’s before we’ve even mentioned the Autobahns 👍😁

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

And they love a British sportscar. 

Enjoy the 'bahns whilst you can...Green Party will impose universal speed restrictions if they are needed in coalition. 

Justin  

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Yup agree. I worked a bit in Hannover and Heidelberg and used to visit Berlin a lot with work (I love that city!). I've always enjoyed working with the Germans, they have a good sense of humour!  Unfortunately we'll be flying in to Berlin and then hiring a boring car for the driving bits.

• Gold FFM

Nooooo! Fly the other half out, drive the Evora! 

😀

Justin 

• Gold FFM

Would love to mate - just complicated logistics as for the start I'm flying in from somehwere else and we're meeting at the the Airport in Berlin.  Plenty of time for the Lotus Euro tours when I retire in a couple of years... Although I had been looking to see if I could combine this trip with a visit to Mendig on the way :whistle:

• Gold FFM

Other half can drive the Evora out then. 🤪

Justin 

• Gold FFM

pfft pfffft pffffft!  :popo:

My main consultant client is based in Bernburg, so I travel to Berlin regularly, or should I say did. I Spoke with my ‘boss’, he says Ruben is fantastic and should be on your list👍

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment