free hit
counters
Waxing lyrical time - EVORA it is that good - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Waxing lyrical time - EVORA it is that good

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every time I drive my 400 find myself saying "F" this is good thing. The way it feels to drive and way it makes me feel when driving it and now matter where or at what speed(legallyūü§ę). As it did today

I did a test drive with a 400 last weekend. At first I was looking for a 370Z Nismo or something other sporty. After some days Lotus came to my mind and I was thinking about an Elise or Exige first. S

The 'surprise factor' of the Evora is probably what hooked me.  I was looking for a late 997 Porsche Turbo and also had my eye on the C7 (C8 wasn't out yet obviously) and stumbled across the 400 by ch

Posted Images

Couldn’t agree more - recently picked up an NA Evora, had it trucked down to Melbourne, and despite our lockdown I am looking for every excuse to drive! (Technically it’s allowed this time in the lockdown)

I haven’t owned that many special cars, this is really the first, but every drive is an occasion and even driving dull roads at low speeds is fun in this car!

This is a fun thread!  Had one of my car crazy cousins in town the other day and took him for a rowdy drive in my 400.  As I accelerated hard onto a freeway underpass, he said it sounded like the Monaco GP tunnel in older times!  He was just blown away by the car, especially after he drove it.  They really are so special and so fun to drive.  

• Like 1

I'm still getting to know mine fully but it gets so much attention, just came back from a drive and you get people spinning around to stare and leaning out of car windows.

I also find myself somehow 'missing' all the turns to go home and 'having' to go around another roundabout or two...

• Gold FFM

Evora is mega. Only one car comes close (McLaren) but factor in cost, depreciation, maintenance, fuel....Evora is all you need.

It should sell 5000 to 10000 units a year. 

It of course illustrates why Lotus have to change, sad to say. However good the cars are, not enough people buy 'em. Good luck Geely, good luck Lotus. 

Justin 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, EGTE said:

Apparently the percentage of people who test-drive the Evora and then go on to buy one is huge; like unheard-of huge.

The hardest part is getting people to test-drive them, of course......

Hopefully  Lotus  will  get the dealer network  sorted soon, just not enough dealerships across  the  country to sell or maintain  cars without a 2hr+ drive  each  way for some...its getting  frustrating  but I'm hoping  its we see some  improvement  by early  next year 

Edited by marcfair
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, EGTE said:

Apparently the percentage of people who test-drive the Evora and then go on to buy one is huge; like unheard-of huge.

The hardest part is getting people to test-drive them, of course......

When I bought my car, the dealer principal was telling me, LOTUS have one of the best conversion (test drives to buyer) rates of over 30%.

Speaking of tunnels, I took a friend with me to collect my car, and on the way home though the Sydney habour tunnel , I accelerated hard and the exhaust opened, and two grown men in the 60's giggled like school kids.

Another thing about the EVORA I feel very comfortable owning, I'm not a Lambo, look at me owner, or after experience a red dressed dancing Donkey owner pretending I'm rich.:sofa:

The EVORA is an immensely usable special car.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

No-one buys a Lotus to say 'look how well I'm doin'. The marque has no cache in wider society so thankfully 'brand buyers' avoid them...or rather don't even know about Lotus.

Of course, this does mean Lotus Cars struggles perpetually to survive. Geely will need to address this....see Future of Lotus thread!

Justin 

• Gold FFM

The conversion rates are simply because if you want one - then you will buy one. I hadn‚Äôt ever even driven one before buying. The first time id even been in a moving one was when I picked it up ūüĎć

• Like 2

Only here once

I think it was autumn 2013 when I started thinking about a second hand 2+2 sports car. Even though I owned an old Lotus, I hadn’t even considered an Evora. In fact I barely recall even seeing one before. I thought they would be too exotic, so beyond my budget. Anyway a quick Friday afternoon trawl through the classifieds found an LE for sale at a car warehouse operation in Norfolk. I convinced the missus that this would be the ideal family weekend car and we all headed over there the next day. To be honest, after I had seen it with my own eyes, it would have had to be a pretty awful steer for me to have turned it down. But of course it was wonderful. Deal done for £30k inc. 4 new tyres and 12 months aftermarket warranty. 7 years later, it would still be worth about that now!

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

An Evora - is a bit like a slutty mistress....

Only here once

• Gold FFM

What, well waxed?

Best car polish and car waxes 2020: how to polish a car | Carbuyer   image.jpeg.aa4cb197a26ee15f09a38a06d9547d57.jpeg

• Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I’ve posted this else where, a quote by a very respected ex-Aussie motoring Juno Steve Cropley, sums up the GT410 in a very complimentary way, and high praise indeed.

‚ÄĚIt had been a while since I had driven an Evora, so I found the car a total revelation. Of course it goes and sticks to corners: it‚Äôs a¬†Lotus. But what amazed me was the Evora‚Äôs all-speeds poise, the amazing refinement of its low-speed ride and the ridiculously low levels of road noise, with those last two qualities setting standards even¬†Porsche¬†can‚Äôt match.‚ÄĚ

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

One other thing about the EVORA is it, is the he last of the Lotus analog cars and I for one are very proud to own.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Congratulations Marius and welcome to Lotus ownership! :thumbup:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Love my 400.  I think when I consider the excitement and joy I get from just driving it, it has to be the best car I ever owned.  I just made an abbreviated list of cars I've owned for another thread and it reminded me how fine the 400 is at doing what it was designed to do.  I think that's the way you have to rate your experience: did the car do what you bought it to do, and how closely does it match your expectations?  

In that respect, while perhaps not the best finished car I've ever owned, it has met its promise to me as well or better than the rest.  Here's to me and many happy miles in my Evora!  I can't think what else I would replace its specific function with except another Lotus.  Maybe a C8?

Nah.......at best, I'd need them both.  I'm in too deep to get out now.  

• Like 2

'17 Evora 400 MT 

• 2 weeks later...