free hit
counters
Newer 380-style front access panel - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I've been thinking of installing the newer 380-style front access panel on my CupR.

Has anybody done a DIY install of the Elise-Shop carbon front access panel?

If so, any and all suggestions, tips, etc would be most welcome

IMG_4510.JPG.d21d38a00930a9164142cb60463c0133.JPG

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Decided to modify the front service panel --- continuing with the carbon fibre/matt look by having my service panel tie in with my CF/matt roof and CF/matt rear engine cover. :D 

full matt-no stripes.JPG

• Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR

@alias23 It is not the best when I got it.  I had it refilled (have the GRP one) as quite some weaviness and because I wanted it to be in gloss black (the first ones were all matt black with a red stripe), it had to be spot on.

Fitment is good, albeit it sits a bit higher on the front (headlight side).  Then again, the Eltech one is made from the original part (as my friend provided an original Lotus bonnet to Matteo) and also this one is not 100% spot on (it is a bit narrow at the windshield side).

Would say both are 90% on fitment out of the box.  With some tweaking you can get (close) to 100%.

I am 100% satisfied now with my WinAce one.

Edited by Kristof Thys
  • Like 1

On 30/07/2020 at 12:38, alias23 said:

Is the the EliseParts (WinAce) item @Jack happy with the fit and quality?

Imran, the short answer is YES, very happy.  I love the look of the new access panel and the price from EliseShop was good.  Yvo was easy to deal with and made some good suggestions on the install.

Kristof pretty much summed things up well on the fitment.....a little fettling (love that word) is required.

I got the CF version and the quality of the finish is very good.  Of course, the red accent on the leading edge had to go -- it clearly wouldn't work on my orange car. ;) 

As for Kristof's comment regarding the front leading edge sitting "a bit higher", I presume,  he's referring to other Exiges he has seen ??  I will have to defer to him as I haven't seen any V6 Exiges in the States with the newer access panel.

As far as I'm concerned, I like the leading edge's height as it sort of serves as a front gurney flap.  😀

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR