free hit
counters
Lotus friendly body shop - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus friendly body shop

Edinburgh 111s

Hello,

I have recently acquired a SVA sport 160 to accompany my Exige 350. 
it’s a great low mileage example, but needs a little work to make it perfect. It’s a little project and I hope a keeper. 

as with any 20 year old Lotus, it has a fair amount of stone chips on the front clam and the lower sills. I am looking for a lotus friendly body shop in Edinburgh or Midlothian. Does anyone have any recommendations? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Protek in Bathgate have a great name and many Scottish owners have trusted their Lotus to them. They also do the bodywork for Lamborghini Edinburgh and others.

I'm looking to take my VX220 there for a full respray this winter.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago (2010/11) my first Evora was almost written off (Only the offside side panel was left attached to the tub during rebuild. Even the roof was off) being T boned at a junction and it was all handled by Willowbrae Coachworks in Edinburgh who at the time were recommended by Murrays and I went against Insurance company request as they were that adamant you needed somebody who could deal with these cars properly.  I remember a lot of exotics being parked around the place in various states of repair.  I was very happy with them then but who knows 10 years later.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• Gold FFM

I'd heard Willowbrae had not been great for a period. Best to get recommendations from people who have had work done in say last 2 years.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!