free hit
counters
Komo-tec EX460 or SSC charge cooled TVS1900? - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Komo-tec EX460 or SSC charge cooled TVS1900?

17 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

Buy a spare nose and get it modified in advance.

Your profile says AT - automatic transmission?  If so, you won't get all the power anyway.

Dave

That's right, I don't know why the Lotus call it IPS but the fact that it is a 6 speed automatic transmission from AISIN which you can find on TOYOTA and LEXUS.

You mean the IPS is more fragile than manual? Does anybody have a number that how much HP&torque this 6AT can handle if you are on track?

23 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

Buy a spare nose and get it modified in advance.

Your profile says AT - automatic transmission?  If so, you won't get all the power anyway.

Dave

I couldn't get a spare nose and neither do Komotec.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to give the OP another option. If you haven't read my project thread, my 380 Sport was fitted with the original, non-chargecooled TVS1900 kit from SSC by the previous owner. I have since b

Just my .02: get the TVS1900 for obvious reasons, ditch the OEM manifolds and get a sport cat.  Price will be equal to EX460, but with more potential and less stress on the SC.  Best of both worlds.

The best option is probably a combination of both. Personally I would speak to komotec directly and see if they can help with a hybrid solution.

Posted Images

Intelligent Programmable Shift - it's a sort of semi-auto-mechanised version of a traditional auto.

Temperature is really the problem.  The TCU will tell the ECU to back off the power if it gets too much for the torque converter.

There's a guy on here who has done some mods to his IPS, not sure what power he is running... also can't remember his name at present! (sorry)

Generally with the KT kits, I think you'd get 410-430bhp ish for a while, until it gets hot.

Dave

Intelligent Programmable Shift-------Wow... How fancy

I do have some issue on track with the gearbox not sure why but my guess will be overheated. But the AT alright have a cooler I think, maybe I should try some new transmission oil. Any recommendation?

• Gold FFM
32 minutes ago, Leo Exige said:

I couldn't get a spare nose and neither do Komotec.

My link prior to MWR has a spare nose, half list price too as used

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

3 hours ago, Leo Exige said:

Hi Mark, How the EX460 works with DPM? Or you just turn every thing off?

No issues at all...

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Leo Exige said:

I will put some thought on this,Thank you so much

Just a thought. Maybe you could speak to Komotec and get them to set up an exchange policy - so once they have done your upgrade you send them your now redundant nose and they can then keep it in stock and cycle through for others who need this done remotely. Would be a nice little service add on for them to reach more customers further away. Anyway, just a thought as "exchange" parts if often used when buying refurbished engines, gear boxes etc etc.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

You really should chat with Nicolas (geartox) on here like @Hangar 111 Dave suggested.  He also has an EXTENSIVELY modified IPS car.

His IPS EX460 was measures by KT @437 bhp and 469NM.  But I do think the TCU throttles back more when temperature rises (not sure, Nicolas will now).

See here: 

Edited by Kristof Thys
19 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Just a thought. Maybe you could speak to Komotec and get them to set up an exchange policy - so once they have done your upgrade you send them your now redundant nose and they can then keep it in stock and cycle through for others who need this done remotely. Would be a nice little service add on for them to reach more customers further away. Anyway, just a thought as "exchange" parts if often used when buying refurbished engines, gear boxes etc etc.

Done that, Komo reply me:

Unfortunately we didn't have no new charger nose in stock, also is these part not available by Lotus for the moment.

19 hours ago, Kristof Thys said:

You really should chat with Nicolas (geartox) on here like @Hangar 111 Dave suggested.  He also has an EXTENSIVELY modified IPS car.

His IPS EX460 was measures by KT @437 bhp and 469NM.  But I do think the TCU throttles back more when temperature rises (not sure, Nicolas will now).

See here: 

Thank you Kristof, I will try to ask Nicolas about the IPS.

On 27/07/2020 at 21:44, GFWilliams said:

All settings work as they should, although touring mode is a bit keen to cut power.  Sport and race are perfect :)

Hi George, Is komotec's Airbox System is gonna kill the noise of super charger like the stock one, Or gonna release it like alias23's Air Intake Kit?

It’s louder than stock, more of a whooshing noise than a screaming supercharger noise. Personally I love it :)  I’ve not been in a car with an alias intake so can’t comment on comparable volume.

Edited by Bravo73
Please don’t quote the previous post.

I absolutely love the sound of mine with the EX500 carbon intake from Komotec. I have the 2bular track (ie quiet) exhaust so mine is not as loud as most, but sounds great, and perhaps I get a little more intake noise relatively that way too. The sound has definitely changed with the TVS1900 kit fitted. It still howls at the top end but in the mid range almost sounds a little bit V8-like.

8 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

I absolutely love the sound of mine with the EX500 carbon intake from Komotec. I have the 2bular track (ie quiet) exhaust so mine is not as loud as most, but sounds great, and perhaps I get a little more intake noise relatively that way too. The sound has definitely changed with the TVS1900 kit fitted. It still howls at the top end but in the mid range almost sounds a little bit V8-like.

Hi Matthew

So you bought the charge-cooled-tvs1900 alone, and everything else like heat exchanger, ancillary hoses and hardware form komotec right? 

Is that an option for komotec if you don't live in Europe? And how is that gonna cost?

9 hours ago, steveoexige said:

Just wanted to give the OP another option. If you haven't read my project thread, my 380 Sport was fitted with the original, non-chargecooled TVS1900 kit from SSC by the previous owner. I have since bought the EX500 chargecooler kit made for the TVS1900 from Komotec and will be getting it fitted in October. I'm not sure of the cost differences but it might prove to be more economical going down this route instead of buying the complete chargecooled TVS1900 from SSC. 

I'm hoping to beat Matt's numbers by 1 bhp just for the hell of it! 

496686525_CCkit.thumb.jpg.e20ef910950673ca9b106ed05bf3397b.jpg

Thank you Steve for sharing,Both you & Matthew are one of kind SSC & komotec hybird kits,You got the non-chargecooled TVS1900 with SSC air-intake and Komotec cooler with everything else. And Matthew got chargecooled TVS1900 with everything else form Komotec. 

Yes, that is essentially correct. I have the CC TVS1900 supercharger unit, with all the rest from the KT EX500 kit apart from the exhaust, which is full Zircotec coated 2bular. I also have larger throttle body and injectors. I am running it with ECU Master Black with dual mapping by Komotec, launch control and adjustable traction control. I am very happy with my choice of hardware but as mentioned I am still having issues with the low speed mapping. Once that is fixed it will be perfect. Until I do forged internals of course...!

For me the problem with the out of the box SSC kit is that you retain the manifolds/cats which to me doesn’t support a true end to end system.

The 460 KT kit is end to end and for me the outright winner. Unless you can stump up the extra cash for the @Mattmahope setup 😉

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Although €4,500 more than the EX460 kit but have you considered the EX490 kit with 536nm.

This seems the best end to end solution using KT all round 

4 hours ago, alias23 said:

For me the problem with the out of the box SSC kit is that you retain the manifolds/cats which to me doesn’t support a true end to end system.

The 460 KT kit is end to end and for me the outright winner. Unless you can stump up the extra cash for the @Mattmahope setup 😉

https://www.simplysportscars.com/shop/100-engine
SSC also has manifold, CAT and back box options ...