free hit
counters
350: upgrade to 380 exhaust ? - Page 3 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

350: upgrade to 380 exhaust ?

I have a 380/410 backbox available incase anyone wanted one

Its promised to someone else but if they don’t want it I’m happy to sell as I no longer have the lotus 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
46 minutes ago, Woots said:

Its promised to someone else but if they don’t want it I’m happy to sell as I no longer have the lotus 

Is it titanium ? 🤪

19 hours ago, KIMUTAKU said:

I would look around for a set of used 380/410 y-pipe, s-pipe and silencer first.  There are lots of fellow owners ditching their OEM system after going aftermarket.  Ordering from Lotus is quite pricey as you can see.  I managed to pick up my entire 380 system from a local owner for dirt cheap.  He didn’t need it, I wanted it (the OEM manifolds mainly), it was a win-win.

It pops and bangs like crazy, I can guarantee you that LOL.

My previous de-catted Larini system did that too and my current 380 setup does it just as much if not more.  Love it.

Thank you for your reply.

Sounds like a great idea to wait for a used system to come up. Much more cost effective 🙂 as you mentioned in your previous post its crazy to think a factory 380 exhaust with cats can be as loud as your de catted Larini 😱 i could imagine a 380 back box with 2bular engine protection kit would be absolutely mental 

2 hours ago, Woots said:

Just seen this after replying to KIMUTAKU above. I would be interested to know what you would want for it if you could PM me please? I'm new to the site so I'm not sure how to PM you sorry 🙈 I understand that the other person has first dibs though which is totally fair 🙂

Edited by Dicko4

14 hours ago, GoldenGun said:

Sadly I’m not hopeful on the titanium muffler but will be happy to keep you in mind if I find one! :)

Yes, mine is a 350 and I think it sounds v similar to the 380 now but I can’t remember if it is exactly the same. 

I noticed @Kimutaku mentioned the manifolds... the 380 downpipe fitted directly to the OEM manifolds, I thought the manifolds were the same on the 350/380 but perhaps someone can confirm ?

Thanks for your reply. Good luck with your search for a titanium back box 🙂 i think Kimutaku mentioned manifolds because he previously had de cat larini manifolds installed and needed factory ones to install the full 380 system. Like you said I think the 380 downpipes fit directly to the 350 manifolds  🙂