free hit
counters
Noise when Airco is on, Fan is making sound - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PJ

Noise when Airco is on, Fan is making sound

Today all of a sudden noise under the front clam. Sounded sissing. I came to learn it is the fan from the Airco which is making this sound. Can be due to water (over time). 

I am not looking forward to a clam off and airco out job, any smart ideas on how to try and overcome this issue of the fan making this sound? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So it seems my right hand fan is making this noise, probably a bearing.. Isn't there a way to fix this from this side without removing clam and all? Someone a great idea?? 

20200725_171209_resized.jpg

Just FYI for someone incurring the same issue. Dealer was able by handyworks to only cut through the front bolt (rusted and all) and replaced the innerworks of the fan with the new one and mounted it back. Bearing of the old one was totally done.. Still a pricy job for just a stupid not so expensive fan as it took three hours to get it right but at least no clam off job and all that comes with it to get to the fan saving me hundreds more... 

• Like 2