free hit
counters
MOCAL OIL CATCH CAN - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hey Jack 

I'm still trying to find the last routing on the 4th line.  Eldon mentioned he was trying to find out for me.

I have the 2 head lines directly to can, 1 on duct to air intake capped, and the last is the line from the SC.  He said it goes toward the front of car.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is how Lotus did it on a Cup-R.   Later, Eldon

@EldonZ---Eldon, get back to work.  I'll take over on the pics.   

@Jack Thanks Jack, you did say earlier that you would take care of the pictures! 😉 Later, Eldon

Posted Images

Anthony,

I looked in the supplementary documentation and I cannot find anything that shows the catch cans. I'll look at the car some more this weekend but I do not know why that line would run forward or what to.

Later,
Eldon

Anthony, thanks for the info regarding the Irish source for Yoko's.

As for the routing of the hose in question,  I will take a look tomorrow as well; but Eldon is the man and my expert ;) and I would defer to him. 

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

@Antflies Anthony, I have your answer. Your vacuum lines are not the same as ours which is what was confusing the problem. Finally found a picture of the SC and associate lines for your car. Your RH Bank breather pipe goes where our Brake servo hose goes. Where your Brake servo, Purge Balve and Airbox vacuum hose goes, ours are all plugged. So, the port that the hose in question goes to just needs to be blocked off.

Later,
Eldon

Just to add to Eldon's post, in case one likes pictures :) .......

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 8.50.31 AM.png

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

@Jack Thanks Jack, you did say earlier that you would take care of the pictures! 😉

Later,
Eldon

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Thanks Eldon, and Jack.

I guess it would be rational to connect my brake servo hose where my RH bank breather hose use to go, and block off where yours is currently blocked.

Kind of interesting.  My new Catch can will be coming this week.  I am preparing the compartment, and trying to have a new air filter shipped from England in time to replace the large air filter box on the car now.  There is also the fuel evap canister I will be taking off.  I guess I will vent the gas tank line higher up in towards rear window.

Thanks Again

Anthony

Edited by Antflies