free hit
counters
Lotus Appoints New Dealer for Scotland - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Lotus Appoints New Dealer for Scotland

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

At long last - brilliant news!!! 👏👏👏

@Andy Norman .....you might want to rebook yours now👍

• Thanks 1

Great news re Hamilton. Maybe all the whinging on here and Facepalm was actually listened to!

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Patience Andy - everyone needs to have a wee bit of it right now. All good things.....😉 Lotus are on a journey and given what’s going on in the World right now I’m just happy there’s progress👍

• Like 1

Great for Laura - she’s a true car and Lotus enthusiast! I’m glad she’s stuck with it as I had feared she’d have decided to get out of the Motor Trade after this whole debacle. Good times ahead for everyone connected to Lotus in Scotland moving forward👍

• Like 2

Is she on here? If so, let's hear all the gory details of the new job, new showroom etc...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

That's great news and Hamilton is much more central than previous mentioned locations. Still have my recall work to get done so will book in shortly.

On a another update David Hayton are moving their Lotus servicing away from Carlisle to Penrith. Received an Email this morning.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Serious question!! Have the technicians been properly trained to work on the cars yet? 
Would you send your car there for a AC condenser unit replacement and belt change? ( Craig said that’s normally an engine out job unless he does it )

Don’t know what to do? Parks or Oakmere 🤷🏻‍♂️

Craigs. Can't even think why you'd go to the others.

The engine out bit will be by following the official Lotus service procedures. The bill will be significant if that is done.

13 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Craigs. Can't even think why you'd go to the others.

The engine out bit will be by following the official Lotus service procedures. The bill will be significant if that is done.

It saves a grand. Lotus won’t ship the warranty parts to Craig as he’s not approved to diagnose and therefore allow parts release 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Sad 1

That’s brutal!!🤦🏻‍♂️

I think I’d be going with Parks @Andy Norman - they won’t be able to open and do work until they’re qualified to do so. The Technicians will have been taken to Hethel or Hethel staff will have been up there - I’d bet on both.

Surely if Craig’s technicians can do the job on yours without engine removal, then a Lotus qualified technician can also do it - or is there a reason they don’t? Other than the cynical option, of making money....

They’ll be on their best behaviour to build a reputation so I’d personally be prepared to believe in their work. I wouldn’t want to be wasting time, money and mileage taking the car to Oakmere.

But you’ll do what’s best for you👍

• Like 1

I agree Stephen. I’ll do Parks as I don’t think the soon to be arriving Model X performance will carry the Lotus on a trailer without needing a top up every 100 miles 🤣. (I know-I know before I get EV abuse but the tax benefits are astonishing)

I don’t want 500 miles on the CUP. I’ll send a tentative message while I’m up Norf next week. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Andy Norman said:

I don’t think the soon to be arriving Model X performance will carry the Lotus on a trailer without needing a top up every 100 miles 

B&Q are doing a special on these, just put 5 packets in the boot and use them to top up your charge. You'll be fine.

61DNH2AOFYL._AC_SL1107_.jpg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Other than the cynical option, of making money....

The warranty rate is lower than the retail rate and is offset against the dealers parts account too. Parks are a bit too big to worry about this as this kinda thing to make their money, the car retail section will bring in much, much more cash.  

• Haha 1

Evora NA

This is great news. I was one of the moaners, so I am delighted it’s been resolved. Let’s hope the showroom and facilities are fitting of the brand. Parks deal with some pretty prestigious marques so I don’t have any doubts it will be nothing other than very professional. 
Gutted it’s not in Edinburgh, but that’s my very selfish view point! At least we have Craig Moncreieff as a brilliant independent. 

• Like 2