free hit
counters
Esprit S1/early S2 fuel sender - Fuel System/Carbs/Injection - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit S1/early S2 fuel sender

I am looking for a replacement fuel sender for my car - its the earlier S2 type which I believe is the same as the S1, the top having three screw holes to secure it to the tank.

Mine has seen better days and has already had a bodge repair but I can't fine one anywhere - SJ sell one for the S2 which my chassis number falls within but its the later type which has a twist fitting.

Has anyone replaced theirs with a alternative or knows which car this would have have been borrowed from?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'll be interested to see if you can find one as they're no longer available to the best of my knowledge. Hope you prove me wrong though!

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

@Paul Coleman - Have done a lot of searching myself, and as you mention I can't find anything.

I was hoping with the amount of S1/S2 resto's done someone may have overcome this problem and can advise.  I will keep on it, and will report back anything I find.

• Like 1

I needed something as stupid as a £2 wheel stud the other day and when I went to order one I found out they went obsolete in 2012. Some things are getting very difficult to find for these cars now.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire