free hit
counters
Engine warning light and cruise control failure - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Engine warning light and cruise control failure

Interesting drive today. Was going along the motorway with cruise on and suddenly it shut off and wouldn't reactivate, fine I thought, possibly a gremlin, so I stopped at the services, turned it off, turned it back on again resumed my journey and all seemed OK. Got off the motorway shortly after, stuck behind slow traffic up a hill revs got low and the engine warning light comes on. No amount of restarting makes this one go away.

No leaks, oil looks fine, sounds fine, goes fine but the light is still there and the cruise control is now refusing to come back. Could these be related? Does this sound like a sensor? Couldn't find this exact combination mentioned before.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It will be a sensor issue, so read the code(s), follow the diagnostic path, and all will be revealed, no doubt. Dave

So it's been on the OBD, we have 'cam shaft over advanced'

Engine starts and runs fine connectors all look good nothing loose. Have reset for now with an eye to see if it recurs. I will update if there is any other signs or I find the root cause!