free hit
counters
Evora IPS on track - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Quick question for other IPS drivers. Have you ever spun on track? If so what do you do with your gears? Obviously in a manual you just stick your foot on the clutch, but with with an IPS pulling both paddles takes an age to select neutral, and taking a hand off the wheel to press N is unlikely to happen. 

Does it matter if you end up doing the box backwards? Unlikely but possible I guess....

Any thoughts?

Cheers all 🙂

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you don’t spin you’ll be made to go faster till you do.  IMG_0079.MOV That took 2 mm off the new tyres. 

Rather dull dashcam ... Spin on high speed bend   Circuit single lap     Great day out, for £50 I couldn't recommend it enough 👍

Well the general advice on track limits days is that if you spin in gear select neutral but do not use the accelerator when you restart the car. 

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Well the general advice on track limits days is that if you spin in gear select neutral but do not use the accelerator when you restart the car. 

• Thanks 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Thanks Colin. I will be doing a car limits day at northweald so high probability of spinning. (kinda the point of the day). I've do line it a few times but never in an auto. 

Really looking forward to it!

• Gold FFM

If you don’t spin you’ll be made to go faster till you do. 

That took 2 mm off the new tyres. :hrhr:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Good effort to nearly get over to the grass!

I am only doing an activity day so I can do as much or as little as I like but spinning is on the cards!

My 1st trip there my car was a smidge lighter than the Evora....

carlimitssmall.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I can confirm a high speed spin in an Evora will see the car shift down, then select neutral and then switch off. Lower speed spins simple shift down.  

IPS was epic all day long as was the rest of the car. Great day out!!

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Thought it was North Weald. That was where I went with Club Lotus when I bought my first Lotus (the Elise). It was a great training day that showed just how fast you could take a right angled corner in a Lotus (90 mph with enough of a run off!). Scared the missus to death!

Sorry for thread drift.

• Like 1