free hit
counters
Would you Trade ? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Would you Trade ?

Hello

I have a 2014 Solar Yellow, M/T, 13,500Miles Evora - pristine condition ...

I am also looking at a 2007 Exige S with 5,800miles, Also Solar Yellow also pristine condition...

I am asking for opinions because I wanted to trade the evora for the exige.... is it worth it?

I always wanted a MORE smaller car... less weight....

opinions/suggestions WELCOMED!!!

Thank you

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am trying to think how the two are comparable. Made by Lotus and all that entails and ?  Evora is a +2, well equipped, usable sports car that can do 600+ miles in a day and leave the driver fre

I'll only echo Justin's comments however I would highly recommend taking an Exige for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG drive and do normal things like through a town/village to get a decent comparison. I to w

Interesting dilemma.  I guess the key question is why do you want a smaller, lighter car? I traded in a supercharged S2 Elise for my Evora S.  You'd assume the Elise would've been quicker, partic

I'll only echo Justin's comments however I would highly recommend taking an Exige for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG drive and do normal things like through a town/village to get a decent comparison.

I to would have both, but I have 7 for blats and a 400 for fun country trips

• Like 2
On 10/08/2020 at 07:54, jep said:

Evora is a +2, well equipped, usable sports car that can do 600+ miles in a day and leave the driver fresh. 

I’m really hoping you are right with that comment Justin -  I’m going to be doing 600 miles but every day for 5 days on the trot next month. 
Quite looking forward to it but hoping the car and me (in that order) go unscathed  😁

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Lol. Italy and back. Stelvio 😊👍

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

I hope you go via Germany to enjoy the autobahns. Evora whizzing between 90mph to 140mph+ is one of lifes great luxuries.

Have a wonderful time.

Justin

PS. Make sure you read rules on what you need in the car for 'road safety'. Hi-viz, warning triangle etc....I store mine wedged behind passenger seat. And take a few cans of tyre weld in case of double puncture. 

• Like 1

Interesting dilemma.  I guess the key question is why do you want a smaller, lighter car?

I traded in a supercharged S2 Elise for my Evora S.  You'd assume the Elise would've been quicker, particularly on track, but it wasn't.  I'm not a driving god but I'm experienced enough to pedal these cars briskly.  Real world, cross-country on mixed roads the Evora is quicker for me.  And the Evora was a second or two a lap quicker on track.  A lot of the difference is down to how sure-footed the Evora is and the excellent balance of the ride and handling, so the car absorbs bumpy, twisty, pot-holed, off camber road surfaces and gives fantastic steering feedback.  It's very confidence-inspiring.  The Elise was more inclined to skip and thunk on poor roads.  On track the Evora would still be accelerating over 140mph at the end of my longest straight, where the Elise was running out of grunt.

A more recent V6 Exige might be a different ballgame, but you're comparing to a 13 year old S2.

The Evora is much more practical - comfortable for long journeys, decent luggage capacity - and for me part of the fun is being able to ferry the kids to activities and potter around, or go for a cross-country blast and trackday in the same car.

But if you have that Exige itch, there's no harm in scratching it!

• Like 2
On 14/08/2020 at 07:32, jep said:

I hope you go via Germany to enjoy the autobahns. Evora whizzing between 90mph to 140mph+ is one of lifes great luxuries.

Have a wonderful time.

Justin

Thanks. I do Germany quite a lot but not taken the Lotus before. (I’m hoping the German ANPR system is lacking - I’ve not paid a speeding fine from 2 years ago on the Autobahn in my Merc SL) Different plate and no borders so keeping fingers crossed. 🤞

On 17/08/2020 at 00:33, mayevora said:

Thanks. I do Germany quite a lot but not taken the Lotus before. (I’m hoping the German ANPR system is lacking - I’ve not paid a speeding fine from 2 years ago on the Autobahn in my Merc SL) Different plate and no borders so keeping fingers crossed. 🤞

No worries, this should already be statute-barred. Normally after 3 months if you don't get any ticket. Ultimately after 2 years.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

2 weeks to notify you in UK of alleged offence. 6 months for court summons BUT police only have to notify the court within 6 months...the court can take longer to send the court summons to you. 

I looked this all up when I got an 'intention to prosecute' in May 2018. I filled in the form confirming I was the driver, sent it back recorded delivery. I have heard nothing since. 

2+ years on, I am sure I will hear no more. But if the summons had come after 8 months, police could argue they informed the court within 6 months. 

I got done twice in dusseldorf this year. Postal fines (letters in English), 28 euro to avoid further action. I paid. 

Justin