free hit
counters
Newlands Corner Sunday Brekkie (COVID style) - Sunday 16th August - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Newlands Corner Sunday Brekkie (COVID style) - Sunday 16th August

After last month's successful re-start, we're back with our regular monthly meeting, running with new arrangements to keep everyone safe and to comply with COVID guidelines.

Numbers are limited to 30 people and I've split this 15 for SELOC and 15 for The Lotus Forums.  To maximise the opportunity for cars, attendance is limited to one person per car.  If take up is low I will open up spaces for passengers - this will be decided at 9am on Saturday.

As an "organised event" I need to ask everyone to register in advance and provide contact details - please U2U me your mobile number after registering.  If someone attending is later diagnosed with COVID then your contact details will be passed to the Track & Trace service.  By registering you are agreeing for your details to be recorded and passed on.  Information will be deleted after 4 weeks.

As of today the cafe is open daily, there are no parking charges and the toilets are closed (so there is no means of hand washing - bring hand sanitiser).  This could change before Sunday.

If you have had even the mildest hint of symptoms in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone in the last 14 days who has subsequently been diagnosed - then please do not attend the event.

While attending, please abide by government guidelines on social distancing.  Please do not touch other people's cars!  The car park has been very busy on sunny weekends, so we may not be able to park together and there is no easy way to space cars 2m apart.

As Newlands Corner is a public car park I can't stop people attending who haven't registered.  Please bear in mind the police often patrol the car park and unregistered participants taking us over 30 attendees may result in the whole group being asked to leave and/or me being fined.  We have been meeting every month for 10 years at Newlands Corner, so please don't jeopardise this.

So, with all that in mind I look forward to seeing you on Sunday for another Sunday breakfast gathering for some of the finest bacon rolls around.

This is a meeting only, with no organised runs in or out, just a chance to chat, look at cars and take in the view. Join from 09.00 when the cafe opens for bacon rolls. We'll probably be around until 10.00/10.30.

Location map for Newlands Corner here

Please copy and add details:

#  Forum name        Car model and registration   Mobile number sent

-    TomE                    Evora S - V6VOR                      Yes

Reserves: 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great to see everyone this morning.  The forecast turned out to be right and we had mainly dry roads on the way over plus some sunshine during the meet.  Nice to catch up with regulars (some with new

Posted Images

Is everyone away?!

Only 4 signed up on SELOC and no one on here

:tumbleweed: 

As usual mate, I think a lot of people still just want to turn up on the day, and the weather is looking a bit iffy too over the weekend. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I'm opening this up to passengers too.

#  Forum name        Car model and registration   Passenger?     Mobile number sent

-    TomE                    Evora S - V6VOR                      No                      Yes

Reserves: 

Overcast but dry this morning, as per the forecast yesterday.  See some of you in a bit!

Weather looks ok. Dry.

#  Forum name        Car model and registration   Passenger?     Mobile number sent

-    TomE                    Evora S - V6VOR                      No                      Yes

1. Bazza                    Elan                                            At this time of the morning.....?       Mobile - previously sent

Reserves: 

Great to see everyone this morning.  The forecast turned out to be right and we had mainly dry roads on the way over plus some sunshine during the meet.  Nice to catch up with regulars (some with new cars) and old friends.  Also great to welcome some first timers.

It's always interesting to see the cross-section of cars and today was no exception.  How often do you see an S1 Esprit up close, let alone a white one with what looked like an original interior?

We also had some non-Lotus interlopers.  As well as the M-cars, Mustang and Aston that had come as part of a different group, special mention to Barry and his upgrade from a Lotus to another iconic British marque.  A beautiful machine and has got me thinking about what will replace the Evora when that time comes!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1