free hit
counters
Swindon Alan - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

It's with a very heavy heart I'm afraid to say that our good friend passed away on Wednesday morning after a battle with cancer.

A fantastic guy, I meet him a couple of times at events and his tireless work finding parts for Esprit owners has helped many owners and will continue to do so for a long time to come. His technical help & knowledge was a great asset to our community as was his sense of humour. I'm sure I speak for many on here in offering our condolences and thoughts to his family. 

RIP Alan. 

• Sad 8

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's with a very heavy heart I'm afraid to say that our good friend passed away on Wednesday morning after a battle with cancer. A fantastic guy, I meet him a couple of times at events and his ti

Posted Images

Really sorry and shocked to hear this, he helped me out several times with information. I hope he went peacefully. Thinking of his family at this awful time.

RIP Alan

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

I’m saddened greatly to hear of this. I spoke with him a couple of months ago. 

RIP Alan  

Only here once

I’m shocked.

I met Alan on a few occasions, spoke to him on the phone last year when he told me about his illness, but he was still chirpy, and laughing it off. I shall miss him.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Very sorry to hear this news, he was a solid member of the community and had some good banter with him. Thoughts are with his family at this time.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Such sad news. Despite living in Swindon for over 20 years myself (and also being called Alan!) I don't think I actually ever met him. My condolences to his family and friends.

Signature not working...

Bit of a shock to hear the news, Alan was quite a character on here. He will be missed on TLF for sure.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

I too can only say I'm shocked and deeply sad to hear this. 😞

I met Alan a couple of times, first time at the Esprit meet he organized at Hofmans. A geat chap, we stayed in touch and met up again next time I was in the area. I should have contacted him again last month, when we were going to the Cotswolds...

Our thoughts go out to his family.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Terrible news, always a pleasant guy offering good advice and humour.

May his memory live on and sympathies to his family, RIP Alan 😢

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Sad to hear, such an awful disease which always takes people before their time.😟

RIP and condolences to his family

I have not met Alan, but best wishes to his family and everyone on here that had the pleasure of meeting him.

RIP.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I am really shocked to hear this. Alan was a gent and really knowledgable. Lovely guy and will be missed! Condolences to his family.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Sadly the numbers are restricted due to current Covid rules. 

Alans funeral is 28th of August at 13.30. For those who may wish to see the service it is available online.

085C30C4-9C44-4966-9BEC-7B28FDACC40F.thumb.png.3d1ee98a2794c392d4194d3fc743ee2c.png

I for one will be raising a glass to what I can only describe as a great guy.

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this thread.  Very sad news.  Alan has been on here forever and, as others have said, was always willing to help.  We will miss him.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

What a great guy and what a huge loss for us all.

Sadly life gets in the way and I hadn't seen and didn't know.

R.I.P Alan,