free hit
counters
Lotus Heritage Collection: any suggestions? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Heritage Collection: any suggestions?

With the news that Lotus Cars have bought back an ex Colin Chapman Turbo Esprit, which other iconic cars do you think they should source for the new visitors’ centre? With most classic car prices falling, it could be a great time for Lotus to go buying. Maybe you even know the whereabouts of a mint example?

I’ll kick things off with the Lotus Carlton/Omega: the world’s fastest 4 door saloon car for several years. My old factory fresh car is tucked away in a collection and still has only 8,400 miles on the clock and would make a fine museum candidate.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t  get me started on that one. Last time I lent them a car it took 4 months to get it back after they damaged it, (shit happens) a argument and not even a thank you. When I was purchasing them it

Bring home the Bond cars I say as important part of the Lotus story and heritage, it’s a shame their original collection was sold off by Romano Artioli.  Still the heritage collection is great news

Couldn't have put it better myself.  Such a shame these are in someone else's museum overseas.

• Gold FFM

I am sure they will have some stunning examples. 

I find museums a bit sad but I understand the modern way for manufacturers is to have the cars in tip-top shape and they are lent out to journo's, so at least they are still active cars. 

Ideally they should have an early example of every Lotus and the last of the line also. Plus some of the important others such as 340R, 26R, 240R, LF1, S300, Esprit SE, Essex Esprit, 2-11, 3-11...……….the list goes on!

I really hope they can find (or have found) some wedges with the more colourful interior trims to the correct original spec. 

Justin

10 minutes ago, jep said:

wedges

can't have enough wedges :thumbsup:

Between the few purchases they've more of less discretely made and the collection on display at Classic Team Lotus which they could have access to. the gallery should look quite ok, I just hope they keep it dynamic not only having cars able to make it to the track but also rotation of models on display.

Bring home the Bond cars I say as important part of the Lotus story and heritage, it’s a shame their original collection was sold off by Romano Artioli. 
Still the heritage collection is great news so hats off on that decision to recognise the steps which put this true survivor company where they are today. 🍻

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

I remember turning up at the the gates of Hethel ( on our honeymoon 25 years ago) to ask if they had a museum and was told no.   Bit late to the party but good they are doing something now.

12 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Maybe some collectors would be happy to loan their iconic Lotus as a temporary exhibit? That would save some money and increase variety.

How about it, @Stuart Monument? Fancy lending Lotus some of ‘their’ cars back? 😉

16 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Bring home the Bond cars I say as important part of the Lotus story and heritage,

Couldn't have put it better myself.  Such a shame these are in someone else's museum overseas.

• Like 1

Can't help thinking, a heritage collection would be nice and help with the brand image, as long as it is not a distraction from the job of producing fantastic sports cars, current and new.

It's good to know where you have come from as long as you don't live in the past.

• Gold FFM

The reason Lotus are now having a heritage collection is because the new owners (a) have money (b) know a heritage collection is an important part of selling Lotus cars in the future. 

There is nothing Geely have done to date that suggests they wish to live in the past. Evija shows that. As does Geely track record with Volvo. 

Justin

• Like 1