free hit
counters
Body , Panel Fit, Flat, Gap, Prep and paint .. - Page 3 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Body , Panel Fit, Flat, Gap, Prep and paint ..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part 16  Home   stretch ..  Well all good things come to an end and it was time to draw a line under this one ,  The chassis was shot blasted and re- galvanized to give it fresh  new lo

This pic here may give you a better perspective on getting all the corners in the correct plane ..  Although its only when you do an eye level view that you appreciate the full accuracy ..    A good i

A huge thank you to my good friend  @CHANGES for taking this one on. Every aspect of the restoration carried out has far exceeded what I thought possible. It is true...this car is my pride and jo

Posted Images

On 10/11/2020 at 21:37, markt said:

Results are incredible - Amazing attention to detail that's definitely paid off :)
Question - How did you recut the panel gaps?

Very carefully .. :coffee:

Early on in the process , I took measurements, made templates, and created datum points to work from...   It was all carefully marked out checked twice and cut once.. 

It all comes back to the old statement , fail to plan or plan to fail .:rtfm:

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Stephen
I couldn't have put it in better hands.

I lose 10 mins every time I go in the garage just staring at it....and it certainly focuses the mind trying to make all the other bits i’m doing compliment the standard achieved.

It is progressing....and there will be a big push on it in the spring 🙂

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...