free hit
counters
Loose Windscreen Seal? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Loose Windscreen Seal?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 7 months later...

@Reindeer did you find out what this foam is?  Or does anyone else know?  I was cleaning mine today and found a similar thing going on. It looks to me like it might be some sort of packer/filler from under the windscreen scuttle.  I have had a look on Deroure but can't see anything there. I suppose/fear it would be a clam off job to sort out?

Yup I worked out what is, but never found a part number.

Its like a bit of door glass rubber, that basically slots fits onto the edge of the scuttle panel and sits up against the edge of the front clam panels.......

I'm guessing to stop water etc getting under the front clam from the windscreen area.

I have a theory that a rather enthusiastic jet washer prior to my ownership may have blasted it off on the corners.

I tried my best to push it back on, but have basically given up until i one day need to remove the front clam for whatever reason and can correct then.

Unless anyone else knows another way?