free hit
counters
BBC - Again! - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hallelujah, my TV licence renewal arrived this morning!

Good job too, as without my £157, God forbid, all those presenters would surely have had to take a pay cut. Heaven knows how they make ends meet.

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or even helicopters, that would be a right hook on the chin!

It's not as simple as that as whether you watch it or listen to it or not, you PAY FOR IT, so that is why people are so disappointed that the NATIONAL Broadcaster is behaving in a manner which seems t

The BBC needs to change back to something all British people are proud of. An organisation that used to be held in high esteem by all, both native and foreign. Turn it into a run of the mill private e

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

You'd be lost without Antiques Roadshow and Bargain Hunt @Chillidoggy, as would all the other pensioners in Margate :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

“Well done the BBC! I’d gladly sell my house and all it’s contents just to pay for the licence.”

*Courtesy of ‘Not The Nine O’clock News’.

Margate Exotics.

I don't know how they justify her salary.  What income does she bring to the BBC?  Do they sell her show to other companies?  She can't attract advertisers as the BBC doesn't have them.  Why do they need masses of listeners?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, USAndretti42 said:

Why do they need masses of listeners?

Vanity.

Also they are trying to show they are relevant compared to their commercial counterparts.

Radio 1 can be switched off tomorrow for all I care. I prefer the much less well paid DJs and the music on Radio 6.

Radio 2 - I cannot stand Jeremy Vine. He makes my skin crawl. Steve Wright just irritates me though he plays good music. Evenings where R2 comes into it's own. So again switch it off for all I care.

R3 good but R4 is for me, personally, the jewel in the crown. Bloody brilliant.

The BBC needs to stop comparing itself to commercial media groups and it needs to get back to its roots and vision and become again a Public Service Broadcaster.

But then I guess I'm old which is why the BBC is less relevant to me as I have Spotify and Prime for music and my weekend Radio go to is Absolute.  I have Prime/Netflix for films etc. And I have Prime, Netflix, Iplayer, All4, My5 and YouTube (GT World serves up great motorsport) for box sets and sport.

In a crowded world is the BBC being crowded out?

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

BBC is a disgrace, overpaid presenters such as Ball, Vine and Wright on Radio 2. An abysmal output on its main channels, The One show is steaming Turd of bland, Eastenders is the same thing regurgitated on a yearly cycle. a national disgrace. The only person I know who has said they like the BBC is someone who lives abroad and doesn't pay for it!

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

How this cost £80m beggars belief...

NINTCHDBPICT000581349418-1-e1589560412232.jpg

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Again, I think for many of us who pay for it, the cry is "please BBC, get back to basics and to impartial reporting of the facts about the things that really matter through great journalism, superb news programmes, insightful and well researched exposes and wonderful documentaries.  Leave the "Soap" crap, and the talent programmes to the commercial channels.

Shows like Masterchef are for me, bloody brilliant (either the professionals for amatuers - I cannot stand the Celebrity Masterchef largely becuase i usually haven't got a flipping clue as to who the supposed celebrities are, and many of them are just plain irritating!).  Seeing people who have a passion to cook, mess-up then grow through the series into chefs is inspiring TV, and also, you pick up recipes, techniques etc that broaden what you do at home. To me this is what the BBC should be about. Not the 65% or so of the shite that they currently turn out. And yes @red vtecI totally agree with you re the One Show.  I think I managed to watch one epsiode a couple of years ago and it was full of the most anal, banal drivel imaginable and the presenters were as thick as four week old curdled milk!

2 minutes ago, Bibs said:

How this cost £80m beggars belief...

NINTCHDBPICT000581349418-1-e1589560412232.jpg

Cos @Barrykearleydid the wiring.  How else do you think he can run an Evora, an Esprit, a Van and a convertible beetle!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m told (didn’t see for myself since I’ve stopped watching it) that on the breakfast show this morning they were slating the newly released test & trace app as “still not working” whilst stood at the side of a guy showing that it didn’t work.

What they clearly failed to understand was that the persons mobile phone was around 7 years old & that the app, being based on Apple or Android operating systems, only works on phones up to around 5 years old due to the limitations of the older operating systems.

Another nicely balanced report or BBC & reporter lack of intelligence?

• Gold FFM

It was worse. Charlie Stayt said "so someone is under 2 metres away from you on the otherside of a wall and the app won't work".

I'll leave it to you all to point out the issue in that statement as last I heard it wasn't a Black & Decker virus so could drill through a wall!

After 3 everyone. 1... 2... 3... "Flipping muppet"!

• Haha 1

Seems to be more and more free advertising given to people pushing their new book, show, record or film on both TV and radio

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

I had to check to see whether it was 1st April when I saw this. BBC has some serious competition.

https://news.sky.com/video/sky-news-can-reveal-that-riot-shields-used-by-us-police-have-been-made-in-the-uk-12090366

oh ffs. Who really cares where the riot shields are made. This really is getting silly now.

• Gold FFM
41 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

They’ll be telling us next that our police are using American-made Tasers.

Arizona I believe is where Axon makes the X26 Taser the police seem to use. However for certain instances I think that other American well known law enforcement supplier, Colt, has superior products for a more, erm, final outcome!

12 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Arizona I believe is where Axon makes the X26 Taser the police seem to use. However for certain instances I think that other American well known law enforcement supplier, Colt, has superior products for a more, erm, final outcome!

What? We're using American-made equipment? Quick, somebody start a pressure group to stop this vile trade!

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

#AmericanTradeMatters

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

What? We're using American-made equipment? Quick, somebody start a pressure group to stop this vile trade!

Next thing our airforce will be using American jets!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, red vtec said:

Next thing our airforce will be using American jets!

Only because they shot more of our own jets down than the Iraqies did in Desert Storm. Convinced they were paid a commission by Lockheed for every Tornado they downed!

When you go to war, safest place to be is behind an American GI with a gun. Never in front.....

• Like 1

Kelvin McKenzie gas applied for the job of director general of the BBC, unfortunately I don't think he will get the job but like his ideas.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1346111/gary-lineker-news-bbc-job-under-threat-kelvin-mackenzie-crisps-spt

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. 

• Like 1

“However Radio 4 would survive the reshuffle if Mr MacKenzie took the role because the commercial sector “can’t replicate what they do”, citing “great obscure Nigerian plays” as an example.”

😂

Margate Exotics.