free hit
counters
Turbo Esprit refresh - last one this year, honest - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Turbo Esprit refresh - last one this year, honest

Sparky

• Gold FFM

^^ What they said!  It's the only way, ultimately (personally I'd go for Alunox).  I trashed even cobalts yesterday; waiting for more right now, and a shiny new tap.  Don't want to risk anything that might be marginally blunt...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I’d second the use of an Alunox exhaust manifold. Mine’s been on for about 15K miles now, and the only thing I’ve had go wrong with it was when the useless “support bracket” broke and fell off after a couple of months. 14K miles later, the turbo isn’t showing any signs of doing the same, so I’m calling that a win!

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

I remember having a similar nightmare on a S2 with a sheared Exhaust manifold stud with the lump in place, I made a jig in the end and drilled it out

A0A72FC1-67B0-4715-A91E-BE7CFA0364D6.jpeg.ecb3fc102343a4a7801644a7e6ac6cde.jpegE833D52E-7C8F-4854-853B-35F87619539C.jpeg.c1140ea3006f9786a4f7bcf36c6408c2.jpeg503CCCD2-61B4-4745-A61E-BB07308B62D9.jpeg.e9f916803c4178ab36fc5778a032d1dc.jpegA503B2E6-8FA8-471A-9F75-46E7985CFF89.jpeg.c7568f9729ebb5e0c51d4a3b72a64557.jpeg

Nightmare when it happens especially on someone else’s car but very satisfying to fix.

So whose Esprit is next Sparky?

Dave :) 

• Like 2

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• Gold FFM

A few minor jobs over the next 2/3 weeks, but I'm hoping to jack it in from October for a few months!  Well, the bigger stuff anyway.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

MoT retest sorted!  Turns out the car runs very happily on just one turn out per venturi.  Curious!  Has it been rejetted? 

One last look at it now, to check/adjust cambelt tension and, annoyingly, have the seat out again to readjust handbrake as it's just decided to ratchet up and bind a little.  I should expect this by now.  Anyhow, it will be finished this afternoon and ready to be driven home by Robin at his leisure.  And that's it for me and black TEs this year.

thumbnail99.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Fortunately my neural link to that one has already been installed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1