free hit
counters
Front parking sensors - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Is it me, but I cannot find a search facility as I am sure this has been covered before somewher..?

I am purchasing a 2015 2+2 and have a few 'must do' jobs before I use the car - one being fitting front parking sensors.

1. Is there anywhere in the Evora, a switched +12V feed that becomes live at below at say, 5 or 10 mph that I can use to feed  the new sensor module?

2. If not, can the main control unit be programmed to give me a 12V port that becomes live at parking speeds?

I presume others have fitted front sensors - how have these been wired?

Thanks, Hal

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No mess. No fuss. Sorted.

Posted Images

I've not heard of anyone adding front parking sensors to an Evora. Front camera, yes. 

As far as I know, there are no speed-based 12V supplies. Most worry about parking initially, until they do it a few times, and then gauge how far to park away from curbs or walls. It becomes rather second nature to park a bit further back in a stall, so I'm not sure how necessary sensors (or even a camera) would be. 

The only thing I can think of would be a 12v delay off timer triggered by putting it in reverse, so it gives you x number of seconds operation once out of reverse. 

I am surprised no one has installed front sensors. I appreciate not as necessary as rear sensors, but for making life that bit easier, and the minimal cost I thought would have been a no brainer in Lotus. Maybe I am spoilt having had them on evry car since 1995!

Anyway, I rather jumped the gun with the question. It has already been covered by parkingsensors.co.uk who supply a black box, at £50, that hooks into the CANBUS and signals to the computer to supply 12V when speed becomes less than 6mph.

Is this a good place to ask where I can best pick up the CANBUS wires..?

• Gold FFM

No mess. No fuss. Sorted.

image.png.7a8b26bd81d558456055549846d2a2aa.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

On 26/08/2020 at 16:40, agentdr8 said:

I've not heard of anyone adding front parking sensors to an Evora. Front camera, yes. 

As far as I know, there are no speed-based 12V supplies. Most worry about parking initially, until they do it a few times, and then gauge how far to park away from curbs or walls. It becomes rather second nature to park a bit further back in a stall, so I'm not sure how necessary sensors (or even a camera) would be. 

I wouldn't mind a front camera!

Not sure I can be bothered with the faff of removing the clam to fit it though...

I think you can mount a front cam without having to remove the clam. Depends on how you want to route the wiring to the headunit (assuming you're using a headunit with multi-cam connectivity). I know I've seen a picture of a front cam mounted at the top of the front grill, but I can't seem to locate that thread.