free hit
counters
Anything happening in Scotland? - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Anything happening in Scotland?

Kevin Wheeler

• Gold FFM

A group of five Lotus are coming to Scotland for a bit of a holiday from the 10th to the 18th of September. We are staying in Fort William, Gairloch, Tain, Scone and Dryburgh (Melrose - for the Jim Clark Museum).

Anything going on that we should know about, please, people? (And, before you say it, yes, I know that there is a bit of illness going around at the moment!)

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I live a few miles from Scone, where are you staying? If I can make it work I can show some superb Scottish roads!!!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 3 weeks later...

I've just signed up to the Club and own a M100 S2.

I was heading into Perth on the A94 and spotted a procession of 5 Lotuses in close formation (a M100 in dark blue ? leading and a M100 in red at the rear).  The middle 3 I could only guess at as they passed so quickly at a bend in the road and it was so unexpected.  If I had known I could have dropped up to their hotel as I only live a few miles away like another member.  I take it they were taking a scenic route to Dryburgh by heading north up the A94.

• Gold FFM

They had been staying at Murrayshall and where heading out towards Balbeggie, then took the cut down through to Abernyte and the A90 to Dundee before heading over to Fife.

I was on a conference call when I saw them go past the house (I live up the hill so had a great view of the cars) around 1010.  If I hadn't been working I'd have met up.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Glad you got to see us Andy.

We are in the Ship in Elie now.

FYI @M100S2man the other three were an Orange Elise, a yellow Plus 2 and my blue Esprit.

Have a look at the Esprit picture and video thread for a photo or two.

• Gold FFM

Yes, was pleased to see you. Your Ice Blue (???) Esprit made my day!!! :)

Hope you are enjoying the Ship and you certainly have the weather with you today, it's glorious out there but I'm stuck inside on frigging conference calls.......  argh......

Kevin.  I thought there was a blue Esprit in the group and did wonder if you were heading for the Tay Bridge.  The Perth / Dundee road is fast but boring whereas, I think you'll agree, by Balbeggie Abernyte road is also fast but twisty as well - one just has to watch the corners for oncoming traffic - being a rat run.  I hope you all have had a good tour and holiday in Scotland.  Today has been a cracker of a day for this area and I believe the next few days will be equally good.  I take it your tour ends with the new Jim Clark museum after a night at Dryburgh.    I am going to be in the neighbouring village on the Friday night and have yet to visit the museum in its new format (I enjoyed my earlier visit to the museum).

Andy.  I was wondering who had placed the post and lived locally.  I think we met about five years ago at the Red House although I did not have my Lotus with me on that occasion.  Did you not 'tour' Perthshire in your Evora afterwards ?  We should meet up sometime. 

Kevin and the Team are a great group of guys with some beautiful and cherished lotuses; After my visit to Knockhill last night I called in to Murrayshall (I live not far away in Bridge of Earn) to say hello and share a pint and a chat .. Great evening.  

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, M100S2man said:

Andy.  I was wondering who had placed the post and lived locally.  I think we met about five years ago at the Red House although I did not have my Lotus with me on that occasion.  Did you not 'tour' Perthshire in your Evora afterwards ?  We should meet up sometime.

Yes, I remember it will well now you have reminded me lol!  My memory is not what it once was.  I'm still in Abernyte, been there 24 years now, and regularly get out for a blast - went out last night for a quick blast around a favourite loop as had a shit day with work, was totally stressed. I find just driving nowhere with the windows down, no stereo on, just me and the car, so relaxing. Superb route on mostly back / empty roads....   Would be good to catch up one morning for a bacon roll and you need to join us on one of the LEGS breakfast meets, first Sunday of the month...  Here's my route from last night, sure you'll recognise many of these roads and therefore know why it put a huge smile on my face!

image.thumb.png.c12597be02aa63a7f5168eb96bf71980.png