free hit
counters
Door edge molding replacing and roof trim - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Door edge molding replacing and roof trim

I'm having my car resprayed and wanted more info about the molding edge strip on the side of the car.   Is there a ridge on the side of car and the rubber presses on to it?   Also  along the roof is a  piece of trim and I'm not sure how its  attached or what is should look like.  Looks like its a piece of plastic that was silver at one time.

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The side trim is fixed to a ridge & the roof trim is pop riveted & fixed with sealant. Suggest you visit sjsportscars.com & search for "waist line trim" & "capping rail trim" ther

The waistline trim also covers the body mold joins on the main shell. Don't be surprised that when it's removed, you find some of the joins not as good as they once were. Take it off sooner rather tha

Thanks guys! Knowing what the correct terms to search for makes things easier.     

Posted Images

The waistline trim also covers the body mold joins on the main shell. Don't be surprised that when it's removed, you find some of the joins not as good as they once were. Take it off sooner rather than later in other words. See what repairs are needed.

Be very careful removing the roof and A pillar molding trim. It will bend and crack if you're not.

Lots of write ups on here on replacing. Study them well, it's not the easiest of jobs.

• Like 1

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein