free hit
counters
Carbon Fibre Roof Rear Seal - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Carbon Fibre Roof Rear Seal

Hi,

Quick question, the rear seal on my roof has just fell off after being of the car for 6 months. The Lotus non sticky sticky tape is no longer sticky. Just trying to work out which way round the seal fits back on. To me the lip (1 in the Photo) looks like it should cover the roof head lining. While I am resuming No.3 in the photo is where the sticky tape should attach to. And No.2 faces into the car.

Can someone help with a photo or two please.

thanks

Mark

IMG_9412.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Mark030358, your labelled picture correctly shows the way the hard top seal should be reattached, i.e. the rubber flap goes over the inside corner of the roof (head liner). But the double sided tape needs to be on the underside of this flap and the adjacent face. When my seal came off I used double sided Gorilla tape to reattach the seal, but any strong double sided tape will do.

Also search for a thread titled Hard Top Rubber Seal for more info. I would attach the hyperlink to this thread, but I am new to the forum so I am still figuring out how to do things. Hope this helps.

• Like 1