free hit
counters
Fuel lines Fuel Injection - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Fuel lines Fuel Injection

Afternoon all,

Has anyone had any success finding alternative fuel lines (they look to be Nylon) that feed the fuel rail?? I was looking at SJ’s and can’t find them so believe that at least some may now be obsolete??? They certainly seem to be bent in some funny shapes and look to be heat shrunk onto the respective connectors. Has anyone tried to replicate these at all?

cheers

Mark

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm not an expert on GM MPFI, but some owners have installed stainless fuel line (both with and without the flex 'loop'). If you can find the owners then you can determine which fittings you need to connect.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

• Gold FFM

Mark, the black nylon fuel lines are NLA. And they’re very difficult for an amateur to form. I looked into doing it but chickened-out when I saw how difficult it was.

So, when I replaced them during the engine rebuild, I used black, nylon-covered rubber with the same ID, available from a variety of sources, and fabricated a new hose bracket for support. I used the original fittings, O-clips and fuel line clips.

You could also use Aeroquip-style hose and fittings. 

8A7425F0-A317-4FD4-9ED2-E6762A1564DA.jpeg

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
59 minutes ago, Ginger pig said:

Thanks guys, might see if there are any plans from the independents to remanufacture these.

Ian, I quite like your solution!👍

cheers

Mark

I know PNM had no plans to remanufacture them. Pete said he thought they were “crap”. So that’ll save you one phone call, at least!

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.