free hit
counters
Decibel reading at 5000rpm, what's yours? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Decibel reading at 5000rpm, what's yours?

There are quite some threads on exhausts. I was looking for a decibel reading from various exhaust setups as I can't find these with various exhausts offered. 

Easy to measure with a decibel app: I believe a standard is the Static Test measuring at 3/4 so let's say 5000rpm at 0.5 meters distance from the exhaust at a 45 degree side from center. 

Anyone? 

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

About 130db I reckon with my new exhaust 91db with my track exhaust and add ons when it was tested at Snetterton.

I'm planning on doing a video soon on all the new things on my car

• 5 weeks later...
21 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

About 130db I reckon with my new exhaust

Hi GF
if possible (but I don't want to create work for you ... 🙂 ) it would be interesting to have a description from you, a detailed explanation of the pieces you have changed / replaced and the changes you have made with some videos (also on your YouTube channel, as you already  made for other details and / or pieces) from under the car.
Thanks, cheers

• Gold FFM

From memory, my Titanium exhaust on the Cup hits 122db at those sorts of RPM. Only useable for me at Spa and Zolder.

For the track my H111 silencer gets me through all the noise tests in the UK.

@GFWilliams we might need to enter into a competition.... oh wait, there is nothing restrictive/noise muffling anymore for me to delete from my current exhaust setup 😂

Good to read the 4xx back box and catless "Jim S-bend" (and KT headers, right) work their magic 😉 

Edited by Kristof Thys

May i ask what shaped exhaust you have as H111/ Komotec do not have a Pig snout silencer for the Titanium exhausts at the moment.

Or is yours a H111 back box ?

It's a Lotus 380/410 stainless back box.

Is a decat pipe giving trouble at mot or similar (European) inspections? 

11 hours ago, PJ said:

Is a decat pipe giving trouble at mot or similar (European) inspections? 

If you use it with the OEM manifolds (with integrated cats) the answer is NO. (but you'll already have 'a decat' pipe in place in that case. It's just the s-pipe that connects the OEM manifolds to the back box)

But you want to be running real manifolds, meaning that NO cats are in place IF you use a decat pipe (what's in a word ;-)) then the answer is most definitely YES.

Edited by Kristof Thys
On 21/10/2020 at 10:32, NANO said:

Hi GF
if possible (but I don't want to create work for you ... 🙂 ) it would be interesting to have a description from you, a detailed explanation of the pieces you have changed / replaced and the changes you have made with some videos (also on your YouTube channel, as you already  made for other details and / or pieces) from under the car.
Thanks, cheers

I'm planning on doing a video soon on all the new things on my car :)

• Thanks 1