free hit
counters
So predictable - yes, EVO - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

So predictable - yes, EVO

Indeed so predictable that hardly worth posting, but Lotus enthusiasts who will admit to reading - didn't say buying - EVO won't have the cockles of any part of their bodies warmed by the latest (October) issue. At least the Lotus wins on the pickles and pastrami front.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't read it... My guess, 'Evora is great to drive but not as nice inside and doesn't have any tech. The Porsche is a bit aloof these days, cheap one probably the sweet spot in the range, I'd buy

924 Lux has ashtrays, which the Lotus lacks....

Not according to Porsche owners, it isn’t.

No idea what you’re on about but I’ll have a stab at an Evija vs. 911 comparison test and the Porsche wins.

Ooops just realised this is the Evora forum, so GT410 vs. 924 Lux and the Porsche wins?

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight
  • Haha 1
  • Gold FFM

Leave them to it. You're either in the know or you're not.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I cancelled my evo subscription more than a year ago, so don’t have the mag, but Is this a new story, or the 992 vs R8 vs Evora vs Aston (?) test reprinted due to Covid?

Assuming you are asking me (?) I was asking what article printed in the October edition of evo magazine the OP was commenting on.

Edited by mik
9 hours ago, mik said:

I cancelled my evo subscription more than a year ago, so don’t have the mag, but Is this a new story, or the 992 vs R8 vs Evora vs Aston (?) test reprinted due to Covid?

No, not that old story, it's a new one - but with a familar theme, twist in tale (yes, tale) included.   

Of course a personal decision for individuals but I didn't give much away in starting this thread, nor in it subsequently as those who've read the article will know.  My personal reason is to avoid being unfair to those who have  paid for it, or at least put some effort into getting hold of a copy. It seems that some others feel the same. Different when it's "yesterday's news" perhaps.

Edited by mdavies

I just bought a copy and had a read. I actually think the article is pretty fair. Both the Evora GT410 and the 992 get the same star rating/ For a platform that's 11 years old, and built with Lotus's resources compared to a brand new one from the might of Stuttgart, that's pretty good going. The praise for the Evora is as bountiful as the criticism is fair. I've not driven a 992 but I've sat in a few (and own a 996.2) and they're bloody good cars. We shouldn't be so narrow minded as to think because Lotuses drive as well as they do that means they're automatically going to be the right car for everyone and should thus win every test. 

Right. Back to scrubbing the muck off my supercharger. 🤣

• Like 1

jerzybond, I go along with your summary of the pro/con balance in EVO's appraisal of the Evora GT410.  It being the choice "for the drivers" certainly comes across. 

Glad you left the actual denouement of the EVO piece as being "for the readers", for now anyway. I shall do the same.

Positive at least the 410 is seen in the same category as the 911. However 911's are to good for there own good. However for me the rarer fantastic driving and ownership experience and low maintenance cost of the Evora. A 911 will never stack up when you have to remove the rear bumpers to change the airfilter.