free hit
counters
I broke it. - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• Gold FFM

So, did you get the ODB dongle on her (the car, not the missus!)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah Glenn said they told you that just to make you feel good Jonny. Apparently it actually showed 162 which is the same as the Camry. 

I have new tyres all round on mine as well Clive. My bill was a little under £1000. This included all new plugs and leads, Service, MOT, replacing Sump, adjusting the boot to stop it leaking, Ful

It must have overhead you saying you were going to shift it. They’re sensitive like that, you know.

Posted Images

Mate, I don't have time or the inclination to wash her (I get some nice people round to do it for me). what makes you think I can buy a thingy and check a thingy to find out if my thingy is broken?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Fair comment. Hope she is back with you and singing well in no time at all....

I don't have the skill to do the fixing of thingies so can understand the approach.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

My approach is purely "CBA" related. I appreciate when people assist me but the thought of touching anything other than the wheel or door handle makes me go cold and think of selling her. How on earth people fix these things for enjoyment is beyond me! Doing it for cold hard cash I understand!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

My sentiments I don’t have a technical understanding or as I feel I am cursed with bad luck when it comes to tech or DIY matters so I leave it to so called experts  including my partner she better at DIY than me ! 🙁  

like you I am waiting for my cars return patiently and time will soon pass ? However missing using the car during these past few days of lovely weather 

1 hour ago, Cdm2018 said:

My sentiments I don’t have a technical understanding or as I feel I am cursed with bad luck when it comes to tech or DIY matters so I leave it to so called experts  including my partner she better at DIY than me ! 🙁  

like you I am waiting for my cars return patiently and time will soon pass ? However missing using the car during these past few days of lovely weather 

We will have to go out for a hoon together when  they are fixed!!

Just had a call from E S Motorsports. The Leads were knackered. Currently having new leads and plugs and a full service.

Only thing they have found an issue with was the Sump was rotted through so much he was surprised it wasn't leaking. New Sump will cost me £200 + Fitting but better than it dumping its oil everywhere! 

Next step, MOT.

• Like 2

Just now, Kimbers said:

the Sump was rotted through

I'm sure @Cdm2018 can comiserate with you on that one.

The sump pan is made from thin steel, and can get quite scabby with rust on the outside over time - especially cars that are used on salty roads over winter.

Also because they are so thin, they are not really re-usable as they tend to distort when removing them. As annoying as it is, it's alot cheaper than a new engine if it suddenly fails!

Dave

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Glad to hear it was "just" the leads @Kimbers , it did "sound" electrical to my untrained eye!

• Haha 1

Old:

119884969_1471872629671673_6070535769399

New: With heat shield on this time as the heat from the Special Exhaust @C8RKHhad on is distorting it

119216556_805240073641165_10989819807765

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Gold FFM

You mean the headers? It had a stock Lotus Sports exhaust, but had 2bular headers with a 200Cel sports cat. Maybe the heat was coming from that "cat" but not heard anyone else have an issue before re that and the cat would have been were the stock cat would have been.

Maybe the headers slightly adjusted the route of the exhaust enough for it to be a little close? I dunno.

I'm chasing a hot idle problem.......leads may be an idea as the next thing to check.....if you find out which ones they fitted please can you let us know.

Good it was a relatively straight forward fix!

@ReindeerI certainly will. Apparently changing the plugs on the back bank is a nightmare that involves removing panels and thingys. Thats obviously a technical term.

• Thanks 1

You're turning me on now.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

@ReindeerI certainly will. Apparently changing the plugs on the back bank is a nightmare that involves removing panels and thingys. Thats obviously a technical term.

Good job it's not a +2 as those seats would need to be taken out. Dealing with Velcro is getting really technical for me.

5 hours ago, Hangar 111 said:

I'm sure @Cdm2018 can comiserate with you on that one.

The sump pan is made from thin steel, and can get quite scabby with rust on the outside over time - especially cars that are used on salty roads over winter.

Also because they are so thin, they are not really re-usable as they tend to distort when removing them. As annoying as it is, it's alot cheaper than a new engine if it suddenly fails!

Dave

Wow Tony

we must share the same devil on our back causing this bad luck ? From never hearing anyone who had to replace oil sump we now have two in quick succession ! 
saying that my dealer said they never heard of two starter motors failing within 18 months and then same about oil sump ! 
yes we can go out on hoon but knowing our luck we breakdown on a hill in Norfolk ? 😮😮😮

Lol, sounds about right! Where are you @Cdm2018?

Yeah I had never heard of it before and yes @C8RKHThey told me you have to take the rear panel out to access it from inside. Sounds like a nightmare but once it's done it's done!! just going in for MOT so fingers crossed!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

There's an access panel at the back behind the seats/panel - but that is best left to those who like screwing inanimate things, as to those who prefer....

20 minutes ago, EGTE said:

That's the second rotted sump we've seen recently, isn't it?

Yes from being told it unheard of in lotus cars that’s two in space of a month or so ? 
I guess two out of xxx hundreds Evora  cars is not high incidence to cause a national inquiry but still a little strange ? 
picked up my car yesterday and minus about £2.5k for the repairs to sump and starter motor , a major service & replaced all brake pads and discs , I guess that’s about right ? I still have all 4 tyres to replace next week £500 odd as mot is due end of month and car will fail due to tread depth ! 

Both cars are 10 years old, nothing lasts forever and get those tyres changed ASAP! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Both cars are 10 years old, nothing lasts forever and get those tyres changed ASAP! 

Yes booked at black circles on Wednesday 

I guess it’s a big hit at one go especially when cash is short still waiting for £2k from dam holiday company for flight refund like millions of others !

On 20/09/2020 at 10:35, Cdm2018 said:

Yes from being told it unheard of in lotus cars that’s two in space of a month or so ? 
I guess two out of xxx hundreds Evora  cars is not high incidence to cause a national inquiry but still a little strange ? 
picked up my car yesterday and minus about £2.5k for the repairs to sump and starter motor , a major service & replaced all brake pads and discs , I guess that’s about right ? I still have all 4 tyres to replace next week £500 odd as mot is due end of month and car will fail due to tread depth ! 

It is strange, yes. Unfortunately you might be leading the way on something new we all need to keep an eye on.