free hit
counters
I broke it. - Page 3 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

24 minutes ago, EGTE said:

It is strange, yes. Unfortunately you might be leading the way on something new we all need to keep an eye on.

Car is back and runs fine sorting out the tyres tomorrow 

I have been told by central lotus I have two year warranty on the oil sump hopefully it will last a lot longer ? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah Glenn said they told you that just to make you feel good Jonny. Apparently it actually showed 162 which is the same as the Camry. 

I have new tyres all round on mine as well Clive. My bill was a little under £1000. This included all new plugs and leads, Service, MOT, replacing Sump, adjusting the boot to stop it leaking, Ful

It must have overhead you saying you were going to shift it. They’re sensitive like that, you know.

Posted Images

The last one managed 10 years and is a very isolated incident, I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't last just as long, if not longer.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

5 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

You only get 10 years on a brand new house

That's because the way they are built they fall down shortly after!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

The last one managed 10 years and is a very isolated incident, I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't last just as long, if not longer.

For sure and I am aiming to ask the garage servicing the car to check and perhaps re-coat the black protective paint to keep it from rusting ?

Maybe a learning point for owners to check or repaint it if they can to their oil sumps saves you £300 odd in having to replace it or avoiding major engine failure if sump was to suddenly leak oil away ?   

• Gold FFM
On 21/09/2020 at 12:24, Kimbers said:

305.3HP!!!!!! Not bad!

Just goes to show how good those 2bular headers are and how much they "free up" the engine. At that output you are almost identical to "S" power to weight ratio with a lower centre of gravity.

That should get some people thinking who are currently looking for an Evora but discounting the NA.  The saving in car tax alone is considerable!

That is a fcuking good car you have their @Kimbers

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

26 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Just goes to show

Or, just goes to show that the ES dyno is still on the optimistic side.

(FYI, my car made over 500bhp on the ES dyno...)

Glenns one of my oldest mates, his dad and mine go way back as well so I will look it up :)

Yeah he says 162....sorry. :P 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Just goes to show how good those 2bular headers are and how much they "free up" the engine. At that output you are almost identical to "S" power to weight ratio with a lower centre of gravity.

That should get some people thinking who are currently looking for an Evora but discounting the NA.  The saving in car tax alone is considerable!

That is a fcuking good car you have their @Kimbers

That’s why I tried to persuade Kimbers to part with it! 😆

• Like 2