Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pro Alloy V8 Intercooler kits group buy... - Page 5 - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Pro Alloy V8 Intercooler kits group buy...

52 minutes ago, DanT said:

I am also sorry to say that I will also be dropping out. Good luck.

Dan

I think a lot of us are seriously contemplating dropping out. It's hard to justify sending deposits AND parts to be modified when there is little communication and no timing at all...

I do want to hang in, but please @ProAlloy-Alex give us some info...

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi @ProAlloy-Alex

I'm checking names on the list above against names I have collected.

Steve Middleton is moving into an Emira (lucky boy 🙂 ) and has withdrawn his interest in a kit.  @esprit17 please let Alex know if that is not the case.  

However Jan Elholt (from the LotusTalk forum) and Steven Levesque ( @NHSteve ) both expressed an interest and should be added to the list.  I'll send you Jan's email address privately.

@Escape just alerting you to Alex's message above in case you didn't get a notification from his post. 😇

cheers

-Chris

Thanks Alex and Chris, PM with my details sent.

Filip

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Just a very quick update to let everyone know you will be receiving the proforma invoices for 30% deposits from the members. These will be send out before the end of this week from our 'sales' email address.

BTCC Kits are in full force here at the moment due to building all cooling packages for a strong collection of teams this year along with the new parts required to run there Hybrid systems for this season. Once this crazy period is over, we will be absolutely focused on the completion of these kits for the members involved :)

I hope that's okay!

• Like 1

Did anyone receive the proforma invoices?   I certainly didn`t...

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

4 hours ago, mike_sekinger said:

Did anyone receive the proforma invoices?   I certainly didn`t...

I didn't get anything either...

I hope Alex got my PM as he never replied.

• 2 weeks later...

I am truly disappointed and ashamed to say that after a truly deep and careful throughout decision, we have come to realise that we must cancel the remaining stages of this group buy. Due to reasons initially at the time that were unforeseeable and the continuing battles we have had throughout and finally the resulting costs that have been highlighted for the remaining push for completion is so far out of the install and originally agreed budget that we can no longer believe nor ignore that this venture with you all is not only feasible any longer due to current situations in so many sectors and areas but physically possible for us to achieve with the numbers we now have and the time and material we have available to us in any way.

We have spent 10s of hours so far within this build and due to the past 2 years we have seen a steady increase in all costs in every factor possible and now seeing huge increases everywhere within the last month. This has played as a constant running shadow behind us and now this comes to the point of requiring a further 280hrs to complete fabrication whilst seeing costs of material supply being over 4 times the cost.

With so many factors still left for completion and finalisation along with our CAD designers recently leaving us and upon coming to the point of building all the parts for final pricing here, against the initial quote and how the current climate is inflating prices like we have never seen before, this has pushed the pricing to us for completion of these kits to an unrealistic and unachievable point along with the true issues of physically now not being able to complete the final stages here as well along with new time constraints on top.

From myself and the team, we are truly gutted we couldn't succeed and push through but again, we are truly under new and unexpected and worrying pressures here with things not looking for improve anytime soon with not waiting this to drag in any further for any members involved. Again, I am so sorry but we simply cannot see a way to achieve all the factors left to complete with trying our best to sustain business here, this project would result in a huge financial loss and time still left. The R&D stages were completed but still left so much left to complete such as the laser cutting parts arrival and upon receiving all new quotations for every part still

left to comprise, we cannot see this project finalising without a kit cost of £7k-8k each. For example, the coolant hose lines we would require supplying with the kit (10metres 19mm reinforced) was previously around £180. Cost to us now for this has tripled resulting in a cost of £510. This is just the hosing!

Now I understand this is some very upsetting news for members and again this has given me many sleepless nights to collate this message along with trying so hard and countless empty office nights trying to resolve every aspect. Unfortunately I have failed and with so many variables left, as a company we need to know when to say stop when we can see no success way to continue.

Please feel free to privately DM me if you wish to have any further information and completely understand if people have frustrations as well, again I will happily go into further detail with anyone who desires this.

• Confused 1

I don`t think that this has done a great deal for the credibility of ProAlloy.

Many times over the past months you have been asked if you are still committed to this project. Each time the answer was yes.   It is through your own prioritisation calls that this project has taken so long and now prices have shifted and it is no longer viable for you...... there is a great study here on how NOT to do Business.

• Like 2

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

• Gold FFM

Frankly it’s been a complete shitshow @mike_sekinger . Folks have been clamouring for updates - January there was finally the talk of proforma invoices which surely would have secured material at set prices. This has been dragging on forever and shows the company in a very poor light indeed.

• Like 1

Only here once

2 hours ago, mike_sekinger said:

I don`t think that this has done a great deal for the credibility of ProAlloy.

This.

Pro Alloy has brought this on all by themselves by not proceeding with the order, despite many and frequent requests from most if not all buyers, and are now trying to blame circumstances. Myself and many others would have been happy to pay an advance many months ago and even more happy to pay in full had we received the parts we ordered or even a fixed delivery date!
Which would have resulted in happy customers, revenue for Pro Alloy (I do believe you have done some research, so had some expenses) and good advertising (the basis future business).

But b"tching about could have/should have/would have wont do any good. More importantly, what about the compressor ducts that were sent? Surely those will be returned to their rightful owners at Pro Alloy's expense, along with reimbursement for the original shipping costs?

Filip

We tried at standardising a huge kit that was originally made as a complete one-off and never imaged or recreating this for everyone. We tried our absolute best for everyone and at a huge loss of ours, yourselves and me. There has been no financial imprint against anyone and prevented prior to this stage. Of course I will reimburse delivery and send back the OE ducting of course. Let me just say this was always going to be a severely long project and something I'm not sure everyone was aware of but we were waiting weeks for others on some specs to ensure fitment to all, designs to ensure no cutting of trim etc. When possible at times with a one off kit, federal spec car engine bay arrangement comparisons, creating jigs to ensure complete accuracy, along with ensuring the company still cover the Costs required each month in what's potentially the worst ever financial situation we have faced. We chose to do it this way to make sure we didn't charge anyone and was something that we never promised could be achieved for everyone. I wanted it to be! For the interested members involved, I do however think you are right Mike, this was my inexperience aswell to blame and honestly, I am truly sorry about this. The worry and stress to try and move this project forward whilst ensuring another year of business plagued me and subsequently failed you all and to be honest, myself and I will be facing consequences for doing so and trust me when I say, I already am. I've worked here long enough to know better for how I've handed this and ashamed from it. 

I honestly wish I could have succeeded. I regret to inform everyone that my inexperience with such a huge and expensive project troubled me until the point of now with quotations and creating working schedules for what's left to complete. The list and pricing was haunting. I tried and tried and without again so much more time for everything and pricing to normalise or atleast become realistic, we cannot see another way.
On a personal note, I will help any member I can with my own time and supply anything I can relating to the project, sincerity does not translate over message but i am so sorry for my poor abilities and I understand if you wish to pursue this further but I assure you, this will impact me severely. We have the CAD designs for the chargecoolers completed, I will pay for these and share them with members and any info I can. The front pre rad was somewhat finalised but still awaiting information on A/C condenser dimension variations. 

Again I am sorry for wasting everyone's time involved 

Kindest Regards 

Edited by ProAlloy-Alex

Hi @ProAlloy-Alex, can you please respond to the following request for information (stated above also):

Can you itemise the kit of parts proposed and if possible where these can be sourced from?
You said you would share the CAD with individuals, can you post it here instead?
I'm under the impression some parts have been completed or at least started the manufacture process, can you let us know what you have and maybe we can purchase them with a view to finishing the project somehow?

cheers

-Chris

• Like 2

@cweeden

I believe the most important part is the actual chargecooler... That would be great if we could source it... The rest of the piping, electric pump and radiator I believe we could each custom build..

• 3 weeks later...

@cweeden  Just curious if you ever received a response from ProAlloy?

Hi Mike, 

No I haven't yet. I have spoken with Nick Wannop a couple of times and he has spoken with Alex. I will call Alex this week and see if I can talk this through with him, I don't think this is completely sunk just yet.

cheers

-Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did all the compressor ducts get returned to the respective owners?

On 26/06/2022 at 10:22, mike_sekinger said:

Did all the compressor ducts get returned to the respective owners?

I'm hoping mine got sent back to you with your batch?
Not sure how I will proceed, I still want a chargecooler setup without losing boot space...