free hit
counters
Options for front Esprit V8 tires - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Last night I had a flat rear tire on my 2001 Esprit V8.

While I found a few options for rear, I am having difficulty in finding front tires for the Esprit.

The 235/40/17 seems to be a rare dimension.

My preference is in Michelin Pilot SuperSport or SuperSport 2 

Any suggestions ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have you looked at Yokohama Neova AD08? I’ve used those on my fronts for a couple of years, and I like them as much as the Pirelli PZero.

How old are those front tires?  (I assume you can find the Date Code)   Just be careful if you buy 'fresh' rear tires and retain old fronts (more than 6 years old). The fronts will be relati

My car up until recently was running 295/35r18 Toyo Proxes in the rear. 

What about Dunlop ? Do they make it ? What model ?

I am so confused... I cannot find anywhere the front size..

what do you guys think if I put Michelin Supersport 285/35/18 at rear and keep my old Dunlops for now in the front..

And in the future I put 245/40/17 Michelin PS 4 ?? (Instead of 235/40/17)

Not sure if available there or not, but I have Nitto NT05's all the way around on my 02 Esprit.  Great dry weather tire, not so great wet, but you can still drive, just more interesting.

I think I will just replace the rear tires with Michelin Pilot Super Sport 285/35/18

and for now keep the front Dunlop 235/40/17 since they look good..

When the front need replacing, I will go with Michelin PS4 245/40/17

Any objections ?

How old are those front tires?  (I assume you can find the Date Code)

Just be careful if you buy 'fresh' rear tires and retain old fronts (more than 6 years old). The fronts will be relatively 'hard' and will result in understeer, so don't go 'charging' any curves until you get used to the new handling characteristics.

BTDT. 😬

• Like 1

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

True, they are almost unused but 10+ years old

So I am looking to replace the fronts too, they just need a couple of days to arrive

BTW, I drove the car with the Michelin Pilot Super Sport rear tires and it is day and night !!

It sticks like glue and accelerates hard !!

• 1 month later...

I'm looking at the same, I have to replace all 4 & its either continentals or im considering Goodyear Eagle F1's? Any thoughts on those?  

Juts to add I have Saturns on my S4 before you all say i'm in the wrong forum! 

I have Kumho fitted. May not be the ultimate tyre but the ones I took off were old Dunlops. These will be better. 

One problem though, I can’t find a tyre fitter to balance them! The pillar next to the centre hole gets in the way of the cone used on he balance machine. 

Anyone else with Saturn’s found a solution?

For info, the answer is just to ring round...might take a while and some don't understand what you mean-so i just said "its from a renault without a centre hole, needs an adaptor".

• 4 weeks later...