free hit
counters
It Lives! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

It Lives!

t70

WEEEEE I know some of you will see this in the resto section, but I'm just so excited I couldn't help but post here too! Took my fiance for a drive in it tonight after getting the timing and afr close to right and for the first time since I baught Otis.... I DROVE IT!!! WEEEEE again!!! Soo excited... Aerobat Stopped by and helped celebrate the first official startup! SOO GREAT TO FINALLY DRIVE IT! It's not perfect yet... but at least it runs!!!!! YEAH!!! WOOHOO!!!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done Mark !

So, now time to enjoy driveing ;)

This sommer in Copenhargen almost every day rain.. rain.. rain ....

not good for Esprit ..

Have nice sommer !

Y.Hotta

Well done Mark! Top congratulations!

I've been following your resto thread avidly - and it's GREAT to hear that Otis is running. It must be such an adrenalin rush to get to this point.

What did your fianc

Thanks guys!! Shame about the rain... no rain here, god love the desert! As for my Fiance, she's been a fan since day one! She was super excited to get to ride in it.

Here's some shots of the "finished" product (it's not actually quite done yet though) Aerobat and I are in the first pic having our celebratory beer.

post-3007-1185891718.jpg

post-3007-1185891733.jpg

post-3007-1185891750.jpg

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

WELL DONE :)

She looks great chap, now all you have to do is reap all the rewards you have for

doing her up and drive her :);)

Enjoy it, it looks like a great car now ;)

regards danny

A

I can't work it out. Were the photos taken before or after your celebratory jig?

Well done Mark. Probably still a job list as long as your arm, mind. But now it runs you must feel that the end is in sight.

By the way, I didn't know Alberta had desert. Thought it was more like tundra.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

hehehe... yes we have desert.... it's been 35-40 degrees celsius for 2 or 3 weeks now (about 100 degrees farhenheit)... The list of stuff is less than you might think... but there is one... heat shields, chargecooler still has to be finished, ball joints, steering boots etc... but at least it's running and it's parked outside right now... which makes me a bit nervous, but the head gasket has conveniently gone on the other car.... so had to take the lotus home tonight.

By the way, I didn't know Alberta had desert. Thought it was more like tundra.

Come on now, Trevor! I hope you're just kidding. . . Yes: real desert, as defined by lack of precipitation. Real desert, as hot and dry. Cacti, snakes, spiders, burnt grass.

Maybe you could drive up to check it out, and join Mark and I on the first annual Alberta hoon.

P.S. Congratulations on all your hard work and efforts, Mark. I know you'll have a blast driving her (does that mean Otis is a 'her'?) around. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

More than a pleasure to have you around for the rebuild and celebration! I can't wait for our photo-op this evening!

As a side note, late last night I tried her out to see how she handles. I'm quite amazed at how smoothly the rear end comes out at 60mph... It's like a normal car at 30mph... It's not twitchy like I expected, it's just easy to control SOO MUCH FUN!!!

Come on now, Trevor! I hope you're just kidding. . . Yes: real desert, as defined by lack of precipitation. Real desert, as hot and dry. Cacti, snakes, spiders, burnt grass.

Maybe you could drive up to check it out, and join Mark and I on the first annual Alberta hoon.

I must admit I assumed that the whole province was pleasantly warm in summer and freezing in winter with normal rain but I looked it up on Wikepedia and saw that there is a wide range of climates depending whether you are in the north, south, east or west. Interesting place to live by the look of it.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE