free hit
counters
Finally fixed the warped front end on my S4S - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Finally fixed the warped front end on my S4S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I painted the lower front lip black and installed it. I think it looks pretty good.  

My S4s has had a messed up grill for a while now. I finally got around to fixing it by glueing a piece of ABS plastic under the lip to straighten it out. Now I need to figure out the grill, and the lo

Thanks everyone, I think it came out great. The lower lip is not required, and Im not sure Ill put it back on. Ill be looking around for some alternatives.  This looks interesting: https://www.rh

Posted Images

Looks good to me, nice job.

Mine has a slight warp in it too, but not as bad as that. It’s on the ‘to do’ list for the winter. I’d planned on doing something similar, and clamping it until the adhesive sets.

How did you do yours?

Margate Exotics.

Thanks everyone, I think it came out great. The lower lip is not required, and Im not sure Ill put it back on. Ill be looking around for some alternatives. 

This looks interesting: https://www.rhinolip.com

I also needed to take off the grill, and I dont think that will go back on, so I need to replace that. I may just get some grill material and make one.

The actual fix was actually very easy. I just removed the grill, and cut 2 strips of this:

IMG_3591.thumb.jpeg.7b9ad6a3d7338fb5524026dbd75f5e03.jpeg

Took both strips and sandwiched the warp, but only glued the bottom strip using this:

IMG_3592.thumb.jpeg.0a78bce8dd9c04bfa64786f6f73db0f6.jpeg

I used several clamps, and waited till the glue dried. 

You can clearly see the warp. IMG_3586.thumb.jpeg.e03ff7d304c6f02428d20b3b8540ff01.jpeg

• Like 2

@SWLC sell the lower lip pieces.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Great work!

I think Lotus by Claudious sells an aggressive CF splitter/lip.  An Esprit recently sold on Bring a Trailer with this lip if you dont know what they look like.

I think all the usual vendors sell the stock lip but I think only in black?

Wow that Rhino Lip web site is odd, hard to understand what they are selling....FOr the price though looks like it might be a great option.

What do you suppose id included in the extra support bolstering kit?

I live like 10 miles from PBC, and I have seen the CF lip. its a nice piece, but i've dumped about $8000 getting this car on the road, so i'm going to wait on spending the $500 for a lip. Besides, one whack on parking stop, and all that Carbon will go crunch.....

I agree, the Rhino site is weird, but it seems legit. They already shipped it, so it will go on this weekend. Ill update this thread with the results.

I ordered a roll of mesh to make the grill. We shall see...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LC6TQFB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

I went with something similar to rhino lip after replacing the L and R  sections of the rigid plastic  lower lip several times.  Mine was from a Toyota (Scion?)  car.  I think it looks good and it has proved very durable.  Scuff marks can be cleaned up with fine sandpaper, if desired

Edited by tjs98jetta
more details
4 minutes ago, tjs98jetta said:

I went with something similar to rhino lip after replacing the L and R  sections of the rigid plastic  lower lip several times.  Mine was from a Toyota (Scion?)  car

Did that go on with tape, or did you use fasteners?

14 hours ago, tjs98jetta said:

I went with something similar to rhino lip after replacing the L and R  sections of the rigid plastic  lower lip several times.  Mine was from a Toyota (Scion?)  car.  I think it looks good and it has proved very durable.  Scuff marks can be cleaned up with fine sandpaper, if desired

Can you post a pic when you get a chance?

• 1 month later...