free hit
counters
Where to find replacement nose badge? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Where to find replacement nose badge?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As per this topic last year, you might save £25/30 on an ebay one, but for the amount of time an OE one will last, you're probably better off just getting the factory part.

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

No probs mate. I searched "nose badge" with the " and selected 'this forum only' just to make it a bit more Evora centric. There were a decent number of results but I had look at that one from last year and it was recent and kinda gave you an idea of the answer and how to remove/refit too. 

You can always google site:thelotusforums.com "nose badge" and a load of results will come up on there too if you're not so keen on our internal search. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I purchased a £3 sticker off eBay. Peeled off the old badge, remove the printed bit from the chrome bit. Sanded off a bit of the dome (the sticker isn't shaped so may not stick so well on a heavy curve). Stuck on new badge. Perfect!

Lasted several months so far and you wouldn't know it wasn't legit. And at £3 it really doesn't matter. If it looks tatty stick a new one on. Even if I get through 2 a year it's more than 10 years before it cost more than an original one!!

IMG_20200617_120728.jpg

IMG_20200617_122520.jpg

IMG_20200617_121118.jpg

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, Goatboy said:

I purchased a £3 sticker off eBay. Peeled off the old badge, remove the printed bit from the chrome bit. Sanded off a bit of the dome (the sticker isn't shaped so may not stick so well on a heavy curve). Stuck on new badge. Perfect!

Lasted several months so far and you wouldn't know it wasn't legit. And at £3 it really doesn't matter. If it looks tatty stick a new one on. Even if I get through 2 a year it's more than 10 years before it cost more than an original one!!

IMG_20200617_120728.jpg

IMG_20200617_122520.jpg

IMG_20200617_121118.jpg

Love the solution! Hadn’t occurred to me to search for ‘lotus sticker’ on ebay, only ‘lotus badge’ 🙈

Found the 50mm sticker, ordered it - will give it a whirl!

• Gold FFM

If you had a Ferrari. Or a Lamborghini. Or even a McLaren. Would you be happy with a £3 sticker from ebay?

Great ingenuity though...

• Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Au contraire! I’d totally whack an ebay £3 sticker on a Countach if you couldn’t tell the difference - save you £200 to go towards the next engine service! 

My OE sticker has already come off, so I’ve just got a silver dome left. Plan is to leave it on there and heat the ebay sticker with a hair dryer to give it a bit more bend - see if that takes the shape and sticks down OK! 

11 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

If you had a Ferrari. Or a Lamborghini. Or even a McLaren. Would you be happy with a £3 sticker from ebay?

Great ingenuity though...

Honestly? yes I would. 

What I have used is really high quality. It's slightly domed. Has a nice thick shiny gel coat. It's 98% as good as the original. Sure it only cost £3 but that doesn't mean it's not a quality product. 

Nobody would know the difference apart from very serious lotus affecianados.

You think the badge lotus use cost them more than £3? I seriously doubt it. 

• Gold FFM

I have no issue with non OEM, DivineHandcraft for instance produce some excellent alternatives...

I guess if you are happy then that is all that matters. I got a replacement "gel" non OEM one from Hethelsports.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Well I sent Divinehandcraft an email and got a response within an hour. 

Dan has 2 sets of black and silver domed 45mm wheel centre badges that are not on the website if anyone interested. I've asked him to make me some blank and gold ones to complete my bling! Now I just need to deal with the nasty GM style steering wheel centre badge....

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

I know this is a nose badge topic...

Here is what I got from divinehandcraft and how they look. Seen good quality. Foil backed. 45mm. Dan seems keen to produce whatever you want. £20 a set.

IMG_20200919_111512.jpg

IMG_20200922_130825.jpg

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got round to putting my ebay special on the car today. Gave it and the surface a good going over with the hair dryer to warm them up. Seems to have worked, bonding looked good, but with 3 days rain coming we’ll see how well holds up!

50mm is a bit on the small side but the silver ring you end up with isn’t too offensive :) Definitely better than it was before!

0877A31D-441E-4C48-AA84-FBAF701C8373.jpeg

BD5B8F1C-BB3E-4F76-83C2-7E67DDB00860.jpeg