free hit
counters
Evora compression check - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hello all. Does a compression check on a 2014 Evora S require the rear clam shell to come off?  What sort of inspection of the super charger can be done to determine its status.  This is part of a potential PPI on a car that seems to run well

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Compression check can be done without rear clam removal. Relatively straight forward, just need to remove rear access panel in boot.

You could take the belt off the supercharger and slowly spin the snout to listen for coupler/bearing noise......

But to be honest I didn't do either. These engines are so reliable and I haven't found any horror stories of engine or supercharger problems when doing research.

If you've got a good ear and used to different engine noises you'd be able to make a fairly reasonable assessment from listening.

Private or dealer sale? Most decent dealers will offer some kind of warranty (unless a deal was made) private sale i would imagine resistance from the seller (i wouldn't let someone start doing all that to my car, just sell to the next person)

This car was in a flood back in 2016.  It’s spotless now and has only 200 additional miles on it since 2016.  I drove it and it seems fine but I won’t buy without know the condition of the cylinders first