free hit
counters
Rheostat Bulb? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Rheostat Bulb?

All right guru's. Who can tell me what bulb I need to go in the rheostat? I removed mine and the glass snapped but the markings on the base are illegible. The end of the bayonet fitting is quite corroded which is possibly why it's never worked since I've owned the car but I've never bothered to look into it.

Thanks,

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sorry, the G Esprit bulbs with the fibre optic system are different than our Stevens cars I think.

Make sure the LED bulbs you buy are dimmable. I'll defer to other owners regards size.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

Attached a link to the LED bulb which I expect to use in replacing the fibre optic feed.

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/products/ba9s-bright-green-t4w-233-led-opticell-fibre-optic-upgrade-bulb-llb233-llb989?_pos=1&_sid=75c1688cf&_ss=r

Cheers

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

HI Steve @drdoom,

Unfortunately it's a long way down my to do list but aiming to get it done by 2025 or so, if I'm lucky, so nothing to report I'm afraid.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Thanks, gents. To Atwell's point and in sympathy with Pete's I continue to slog forward at a glacial pace all too often. Will expand a bit over on my resto thread.

Cheers 

• Like 1