free hit
counters
Washed, clay-mitted, polished and waxed. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Washed, clay-mitted, polished and waxed.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

It's a glove with the clay on it so you rub your hand up and down in the glove instead of holding a clay bar. They are not as good as clay bars imvho but I have used them for a quick detailing for which they are fine.

Google is also your friend...

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/clay-mitt-blue-fine-grade

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Good effort.

I do not enjoy washing cars and I rarely polish or wax them.  I remember doing the full monty to my Triumph Dolomite Sprint to sell it back in 2011. I had not realised the car was basically all original paintwork and it did look rather splendid once waxed up. It sold to a fine gent who still owns it.

Justin

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

I think you missed a bit....

There are various bits that require further attention. Fuel stains next to the filler caps, lots of lovely white dots on the bottom of the body just behind the front wheels (what are those bits called?). Also got lots of white polish markings on the black plastic bits which I'll have to figure out how to remove. All part of the fun of the learning experience!   

• Gold FFM
25 minutes ago, RobinB5 said:

Also got lots of white polish markings on the black plastic bits which I'll have to figure out how to remove

A rubber is the best ever thing. No, not a johnny, but the eraser type.  Works wonders. Forget most other things although, and please don't ask me or how I know, peanut butter!  It just works. It really does. But it makes your car smell like, well, a peanut butter sandwich....

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
15 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

A rubber is the best ever thing. No, not a johnny, but the eraser type.  Works wonders. Forget most other things although, and please don't ask me or how I know, peanut butter!  It just works. It really does. But it makes your car smell like, well, a peanut butter sandwich....

I hate peanut butter, but not as much as white polish marks on black plastic trim. Rubber and peanut butter it is! (+ face mask) :) 

• Gold FFM

Rubber and peanut butter - bloody hell now you're getting kinky @RobinB5

Look's like he's not far from you @Barrykearley, get round there while it's all going on....

• Haha 2