free hit
counters
Poll. First time Lotus owner V returning Customer - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Poll. First time Lotus owner V returning Customer

au-yt

How many Lotus cars have you owned?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
22 hours ago, Neal H said:

Once you’ve driven a Lotus, nothing else will do.

That's exactly it! I'm on my second and know it won't be my last, conversely, my E-Class is on the 'can't wait to get rid of' list, in fact I'm already starting to think about swapping it out and I've only had it since January! ! !

• Gold FFM

The harsh truth is that not many who drive a Lotus do ultimately stand by the mantra that 'nothing else will do'. 

How many on this forum only have a Lotus? Silly question of course, 'cos Lotus don't make a SUV/cross-over/family hatch; but if they did, would we all buy one? 

If the mantra were true, the Evora would have been a sales hit, with many Elise/Exige owners adding Evora or swapping to Evora. In reality, many do love Lotus but only as the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, weekend car, toy, track..... And that is not a sustainable business model for car production in the long term.

Geely's task will be to widen the Lotus range and hope that not only us lot of believers will buy the product but to also attract a much wider audience. 

Presently, Lotus is like your favourite chocolate. You adore it but you don't want it for every meal. 

Justin

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

It's an interesting question Justin. I was actually excited at the thought of a Lotus SUV for a moment there. My wife is looking for a new car right now and is currently favouring an Evoque (😒), if Lotus had an option that was fun to drive, comfortable interior and kudos (to those who know) I'd be promoting it to her. At the moment the current range is a huge amount of fun but lacks a certain amount of practicality. They can be daily drivers but not without a level of compromise, a compromise my wife is not ready to make.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, cweeden said:

It's an interesting question Justin. I was actually excited at the thought of a Lotus SUV for a moment there. My wife is looking for a new car right now and is currently favouring an Evoque (😒), if Lotus had an option that was fun to drive, comfortable interior and kudos (to those who know) I'd be promoting it to her. At the moment the current range is a huge amount of fun but lacks a certain amount of practicality. They can be daily drivers but not without a level of compromise, a compromise my wife is not ready to make.

If a Lotus SUV is released - I'll be in there like a shot.

• Like 1

Out of all the different Lotus cars I’ve owned (11 at the last count), my one regret is that not one of those was an Esprit. In the past I’d always gone for the older cars, Elans mainly, and it’s only been my most recent 3 since 2009 that were from the current range. 
Oddly enough, it’s only with the benefit of hindsight that I now appreciate the Esprit for what it was. The irony being that I couldn’t now own one for precisely the same reason I sold my much loved V6 Exige - my ageing frame wont allow to get in or out without pain! 😤

If I could turn the clock back 20 or so years, an Esprit would most definitely be sitting in my garage. 
It’s difficult to explain to the uninitiated exactly why I love the Lotus brand so much, but love it I do and have done since seeing my first in 1959. From that moment on, I devoured anything Lotus related that I could get my hands on and that wasn’t easy to come by until the 60’s when Jim Clark started to regularly win races. Whilst other kids were spending pocket money on the Beano & Dandy, I would buy car mags even if they only had a picture of a Lotus. 😁

In 1963, I pestered my parents to buy me an Airfix racing set (alternative to Scalextric) simply because one of the 2 cars in the set was a green Lotus 25, then joy of joys, a year or so later, Airfix brought out a Lotus Cortina slot racer. 
I spent hours painting and detailing that car with the classic green stripe and matt black grille etc. Oh how I loved those 2 cars in particular. 
Then wind forward to the end of the 60’s, I was driving and had the opportunity to buy a proper 1963 Mk 1 Lotus Cortina, with ali boot, bonnet and doors and the troublesome A frame rear suspension. Mine had already been converted back to leaf springs by the previous owner but he included all the original suspension in the deal. 
Great deal though it was, I almost didn’t buy that particular car, simply because it had been repainted from the original Old English white and green, to dark blue with Blue Mink stripe, but that was why it was so cheap. 
As it turned out, the colour change made it a great ‘Q’ car, since few people knew just how quick it was. Sadly I don’t have any pics of that car but it is a very much loved part of my Lotus history. 
I eventually sold that car to fund the deposit for our first house but missed it so much, it wasn’t too many years before another Lotus was sitting in the garage.
I haven’t looked back since!!!😁

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/09/2020 at 08:24, LOTUSMAN33 said:

B4DADD94-F0DE-492E-990B-1B97B8CA63E7.thumb.jpeg.17496771fd7aee6af9710eff5729d518.jpeg
Just a few of mine over the past 30 years..... love em or hate em they are like magnets dragging you back every time you break free then see one on the road 😁
B745C00B-65EF-4D3D-8221-BC86416BB87F.jpeg.17451f703406903ce0ab29284ee3c48c.jpeg2750DE96-D444-4D0D-B15C-2D6B089803D3.thumb.jpeg.7fff84d26af79fb9725c73c739a4d9fc.jpegMy current fix 😉, long live lotus madness with no current cure! 😂

Dave :) 

Blimey. And I thought I was doing well.

• Haha 1

Sudders and Dany

2 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

And that’s not all of them 😁

Blimey. BTW, if your Elan reg ends in SUY, then I owned that one too, once. If not, then I didn’t.

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

• 4 weeks later...

If I win the Lottery would defo get an Esprit again and an updated Evora. However I have regretted selling each of these, Especially the Esprit.

image.png

image.png

image.png

118590422_10158844037009040_716014570115

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

When I started this thread I wasn't expecting the shear number of people that have owned multiple LOTUS cars, gosh Ive "only" owned 4, Cannot count the 7 as its a Caterham even though here it is registered as a LOTUS

Buy by the numbers I'm almost the average Lotus person if there be such a thing.

• Gold FFM

It don't surprise me at all. 

What does surprise me is how many people have owned an Elise and do not keep it and/or move on to other Lotus models. 

And they drive fat, dead steering bits of compromise instead.

Justin 

• Like 1

Non car people don't understand what they are feeling with the Elise/Exige. It is a pure drivers car and the feedback/driving experience is second to none. However after reading a review a while back from a lady who sold her Elise and bought a Boxer and then gave the Elise 1 star and Boxer 5 I realised some people just don't understand cars, handling and pure driving experience and just want a nice comfy car and can boast about the badge on it.... "I drive a Porsche, I drive and Audi, I drive a BMW" are the normal ones I find. (sorry if you own any of these but its true).

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)