free hit
counters
Hello and a big thank you ! - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hello and a big thank you !

slay

18 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Good move @slay - wise decision. A safe bet and a good investment to boot!👏🏻👏🏻

Haha, how did you know?  That is how I convinced the wife - low interest rate environment and uncertain economy bla bla ba, why not let me get a Lotus Esprit - such a classic, probably better investment than any saving account you can find today !

• Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, Tips said:

@slay congratulations and what a speedy decision.  I made a similarly quick decision too exactly one year ago to the day and bought the only other black, RHD, UK, S4s - yes, you are not only about to own a wonderful Lotus but a rare one too: 92 in UK RHD, two in Black and yours is the only one in black/black, mine is black/magnolia.  Have great fun, make sure you get the engine temp up to release full boost, then be prepared for some spirited acceleration..!   Handling’s something special too.  Cheers Paul

Thank you Paul.  The interior certainly looks very classy, nice contrast.

Wow, I did not know that there are only 92 RHD S4S in the UK, and certainly did not know that there are only 2 in Black, certainly makes it extra special all right.  You certainly have a number of classic cars in your collection, that is one good looking Porsche Targa you have in the background, what year model is it?

Where about are you located?  Maybe we could get the 2 black S4s together one day !

Well, I have not picked up mine yet, hopefully by next Friday.

• Like 1

@slay, thanks it’s a 1973 911E and being LHD works brilliantly on Le Mans trips, and surprisingly easy to use in the U.K. too (my first LHD motor).  Located a bit away from you in Yorkshire (not too far south of York) and if you’re up this way then let me know - be a nice photo opportunity.  You’ll love the Esprit, they’ve been on my list for ages and I thought it finally time to pull the pin, no regrets at all.  Hope collection goes OK and look forward to reading about your first impressions which often include an expletive when you really get the turbo wound up for the first time.  I went for a sports exhaust from PNM (just the silencer, not a de-cat too, to avoid it being too loud) and that’s a nice, subtle upgrade.  When nice and hot the pops and bangs on overrun along with the turbo whoosh and gate chatter make a nice combination.

This S4s already has Larini exhaust and a hi flow cat .

Mot man didn't like the emissions with de-cat pipe fitted , so fitted an after market cat , no discernable difference in performance,  still pops and crackles with best of them.

Nick 

• Like 2

Simplest things first.

Wow a nice surprise then, I did not know that S4S already has a Larini exhaust and a high flow cat, it should sound pretty ok in standard form then.  I would love an opportunity to hear your sports from PNM.

yeah, looking forward to compare the driving experience between the S4S 2.2 turbo, a Toyota supra with in-line 3 Liter Turbo, and a maserati Granturismo with 4.7 Liter V8.

1 hour ago, fflyingdog said:

No it wasn't standard fit , I fitted it !

😆 even better, I don’t need to think of ways to make It sound any nicer!  Can’t wait to pick her up, although don’t know how best to get 2 cars into the storage facility in Romsey for the winter yet.  

10 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Easy - drive it over the winter.

Of course, but unfortunately the OCD in me for cars would not allow the use of a Lotus Esprit (or any of the classic) as a daily in winter.  I am sure I am not the only one with this OCD disorder on this forum.

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

When are you collecting the car?

I live about 12 miles away from UKSC, happy to have a natter about S4s Esprits* if you like.

*Socially-distanced, of course!

Hi Ian, that would be great to see you (ok probably more of your S4s 😉), and of course respecting social distancing rules.

Current plan is to pick up Friday... I have a 4 hour journey on public transport from where I live, first time on public transport since April this year !

55 minutes ago, fflyingdog said:

What ?? You mean like a .....bus. ?? How do they work exactly ? Are they free ? 😁😁😁

Well, according to Google maps... Public transport - train and underground to Victoria first then a train out.  I thought it was quite long, even a bus ride would not have taken that long.

I don't drive mine in snow or ice, but any other condition is fine. My Excel gets used 2-3 times a week year round, and lives on the drive. The Esprit is garaged, so less used, but the picture under my username was taken on 1st Jan 2013, and it is great to go out for a drive on a clear sunny winters day. Car loves the cooler weather as well.

I sold my first Excel to Kent Sports Cars (predecessor to UK Sports Cars) and got the train to somewhere near Stapleford Aerodrome as I bought a 1980 V8 Range Rover as a replacement, which I took out to Africa 3 months later.

• Like 1