free hit
counters
How to tell if it is a Hethel Edition? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

How to tell if it is a Hethel Edition?

Counterdoc

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This should help :)

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/hethel-edition-evora-400-launched/

and also...

It certainly looks like a Hethel Edition to me! 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Certainly looks like it. Seeing as most owners have removed the Hethel Edition decals it is difficult to imagine that someone would have added them :).

• Haha 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

16 hours ago, Colin P said:

Certainly looks like it. Seeing as most owners have removed the Hethel Edition decals it is difficult to imagine that someone would have added them :).

But exactly that happened 😄 I just read through the CoP and it mentions that this is the only 2016 Essex Blue LHD car in Europe that is no Hethel Edition.

• Gold FFM

Are you saying you already have the C of P for your car? 

If so, perhaps send a scan of it to Andy Graham at Lotus Cars Ltd (archivist) and ask him to confirm if the car is a Hethel Edition. And if it is not a Hethel Edition, why is it not as the spec appears to be identical.

I asked for a cert of prov from Porsche for my 928. They messed it up but after much debate, they admitted a mistake and rectified it for my car and the other 41 similar cars. The spec is very rare and makes a huge difference on value of this 928 (50%) so it did matter. 

Justin 

Yes.
It is explicitly mentioned in the CoP that this is no Hethel Edition. There were some more things missing on the car when it was delivered from Lotus: only standard alloy wheels, no stripes (very interesting), no sub-woofer, no build plate. And the car was built before there even was a Hethel Edition.

Bloody expensive way of getting a Hethel Edition!! 

I found it far easier to get a Hethel Edition and then get the dealer to knock a load of money off of it!!

Most Hethel's don't have a build plate, mine doesn't (I don't think it has a sub woofer either).

• Like 1

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

Prototype Hethel Edition, 1 of 1...........well, that may be the sales pitch in a few years time.

Someone added the stripe afterwards?

It is an Evora, it drives like an Evora; that is all that matters.

Justin

• Like 1

As I understand it, a much higher percentage of 400s generally are Autos than S1s.

• Gold FFM
On 29/09/2020 at 12:55, Colin P said:

Bloody expensive way of getting a Hethel Edition!! 

I found it far easier to get a Hethel Edition and then get the dealer to knock a load of money off of it!!

Most Hethel's don't have a build plate, mine doesn't (I don't think it has a sub woofer either).

No build plate, apparently the owners weren’t interested (You draw your conclusions on that one), and no sub woofer for the Hethel editions.

What the logic was I’m still not sure. 

In fairness you did get the forged wheels and colour matched callipers etc.

I did love the Motorsport Black paint on mine, in the right light the car turned gold.

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Tris... said:

No build plate, apparently the owners weren’t interested (You draw your conclusions on that one

I've got no idea re what conclusions anyone may come to on this.

You do realise they are just a bunch of metal strips and it's random luck whose name you get based on what was in the parts bin at the time?

I was going to get mine replaced with the head of Daffy Duck engraved in place of the Lotus Emblem with the phrase "This car is Quackers" for the signature and I bet you hardly anyone would notice it.

I actually find the dash built by plates a naff addition and totally useless/worthless. People can draw their own conclusions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!