free hit
counters
O2 Sensor failure. Which side is Bank 2? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

O2 Sensor failure. Which side is Bank 2?

Hi All,

The car is now regularly throwing a CEL for an o2 sensor....

Code P0154. Bank 2 Sensor 1.

Looking back through the history its done this before so will change the sensor....

I've worked out its the pre cat sensor on Bank 2......

But....Which side of the engine is Bank 2?!

Any help gratefully received!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The side closer to the bulkhead/firewall.

Ive replaced mine a few weeks back. By a standard bosch sensor and a socket kit and it will be less than lotus price for the sensor. You will need to remove the heat shield, the rhs bolt/nut isn't cap

Yes one like this 

Posted Images

Ive replaced mine a few weeks back. By a standard bosch sensor and a socket kit and it will be less than lotus price for the sensor. You will need to remove the heat shield, the rhs bolt/nut isn't captive so just be a little careful. You may need a bar to loosen the old one. Shouldnt take more than an hour. 

• Like 1

Just my luck! Thank you

Just now, 21gg said:

Ive replaced mine a few weeks back. By a standard bosch sensor and a socket kit and it will be less than lotus price for the sensor. You will need to remove the heat shield, the rhs bolt/nut isn't captive so just be a little careful. You may need a bar to loosen the old one. Shouldnt take more than an hour. 

Did you do it from underneath or on top?

On top, just kneel in the boot. You dont want the socket that looks like a normal socket but the one that looks like a figure 8, where your bar goes next to the socket. Its obvious what i mean if you look on ebay. 

Sorry and did you buy one of those 22mm special o2 sensor sockets?

Just now, 21gg said:

On top, just kneel in the boot. You dont want the socket that looks like a normal socket but the one that looks like a figure 8, where your bar goes next to the socket. Its obvious what i mean if you look on ebay. 

Yeah I've seen two types....that one and a normal one with a cut out.....I was hoping to get a normal spanner in there