free hit
counters
Why a 540kg Caterham Seven is the best driver's car - Seven - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Why a 540kg Caterham Seven is the best driver's car

jonwat

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

John

Thank you for posting the link to the article it sums up everything about why 7’s are so good and even against the other listed light weight cars.

I am biased as I have what you could term a Caterham Super Seven with a lotus TwinCam. I am about the same age as the Author and can relate to every thing he says about modern Hyper cars.

recently at coffee with some of my motoring nerd friends, one say OH look there is the latest Porsche SUV special xyz,

I said it’s a truck,

he said have you driven one, their amazing,

I said, to a 7 everything else is a truck.

I see your point, was the returning and last comment 

A 7 is the extension of you, it’s like an exoskeleton you wear. 

I liken modern cars to the dinosaur’s just before they went extinct, and only the small mammals survived.

world's greatest engines

10 hours ago, au-yt said:

A 7 is the extension of you, it’s like an exoskeleton you wear. 

Graeme, reminds me of my Europa Special, very light & precise.

I've never driven a 7 but I have been taken around the Silverstone grand prix circuit in one for a few laps by a professional racing driver which was superb. I also had a friend who took me out regularly in his pre litigation Westfield 7 he'd built himself which was very enjoyable.   :driving:

Glad you enjoyed the article, take a look at one of the world's greatest engines, I think you'll agree. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

• 5 months later...