free hit
counters
Trademark Evora smell? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Trademark Evora smell?

Am I right in thinking all Evoras have a distinctive smell? I test drove 3 before mine and didn’t think too much of it. But now I notice the smell every time I open the door. 

You get used to it of course once you’re inside. What is it? Some kind of adhesive, or the noise proofing material?

Its certainly unlike anything I’ve whiffed in other cars.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Interesting you should mention this, My 400 has a distinctive smell however I only been in two other cars and I cannot remeber.

Having said that the smell may be related to the trim material and different trims may change the smell.

For me the smell is part of the experience with and the EVORA's distinctive smell is a welcoming feel as I get in and as its unique to the car a reminder of how special the car is.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

The cologne of a car is a particularly joyous part of the ownership experience. Old Jaguars are always special. Elise seem to smell principally of fibreglass. Excel is a mixture of leather, glue, fibreglass and a bit of damp. 80's Porsche have a great vapour, I think it is the thick-pile carpets but not entirely sure.

Evora is unique odour and very pleasant.

Justin

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/10/2020 at 07:47, au-yt said:

I have some of that, my wife recons it smells like something she stepped in.

Funny you should say that as my wife says exactly the same about my cars I’ve used those Gliptone things in!

I, on the other hand, think it’s a rather pleasant aroma.

It’s clearly just a female thing to not like the smell. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spinney said:

Funny you should say that as my wife says exactly the same about my cars I’ve used those Gliptone things in!

I, on the other hand, think it’s a rather pleasant aroma.

It’s clearly just a female thing to not like the smell. 

Yep must be a female thing, I recon it smells like old leather.

• Gold FFM

My 2.5 year old Sport 410 smells wonderful still, just like it did on the first day I got in it. No leather, it is alcantara. No glue smell.

My old NA smelt wonderful to, but then it did get brand new venom red leather Recaro's added to it and some additional leather from Allon White. 

14 hours ago, Spinney said:

It’s clearly just a female thing to not like.

FTFY @Spinney

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!