free hit
counters
Shares - Page 4 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

My Fresnillo Shares rose by 10% yesterday. Will check them again today but if they hit +25% I will prob sell them then wait for the price to drop again and rebuy them. If they don't drop again then I will buy more Fevertree as they are about to announce above expectation profits :) 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Bibs please, you should know better https://www.lotusforsale.com/

I only have 1 MiL. Will you take her? Don't need TLF in return.

This is usually a good time to invest in Frankinsence and Myrrh too as the price is often driven up by the Kings who are stockpiling for December 25th. Last I looked it's up from a single camel,

Posted Images

Gamestop this month :huh:

chart.jsproto_large.chart?ID_SEDOL=B0LLF

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

The world has gone mad again. Take Bumble, an online dating app. 2.4m paying customers and a profit in 2019 of $68.6m. 2020 saw a 15% yoy growth rate slump and a loss of $116m.

Just been floated on the market at $43 a share, giving it a market valuation of $8bn!!!!!!

However just before market opened it was trading at $76 per share giving it a market worth of some $13bn!!!!

WTF is that all about?    That gives value of $5.5k per paying user. The current cost of a subscription is $24.99 or £300 pa. So at 2.4m users that's revenue of $720m pa assuming they all stay on for a full year and with that revenue it still lost $116m when all it has to do is tweak it's software and pay for marketing basically! The only real asset it has is it's software, and that's basically a crm with a "matching algorithm".

Really struggling to see how this valuation makes any sense at all, even given the "tech factor". What am I missing?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

The world has gone mad again. Take Bumble, an online dating app. 2.4m paying customers and a profit in 2019 of $68.6m. 2020 saw a 15% yoy growth rate slump and a loss of $116m.

Just been floated on the market at $43 a share, giving it a market valuation of $8bn!!!!!!

However just before market opened it was trading at $76 per share giving it a market worth of some $13bn!!!!

WTF is that all about?    That gives value of $5.5k per paying user. The current cost of a subscription is $24.99 or £300 pa. So at 2.4m users that's revenue of $720m pa assuming they all stay on for a full year and with that revenue it still lost $116m when all it has to do is tweak it's software and pay for marketing basically! The only real asset it has is it's software, and that's basically a crm with a "matching algorithm".

Really struggling to see how this valuation makes any sense at all, even given the "tech factor". What am I missing?

Cheap money is the root cause of all this madness, plus a bit of lockdown boredom, hype and average Joe being conned 

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
8 hours ago, C8RKH said:

The stock price reflects future earnings potential, plus a good dollop of short term profiteering. It'll settle down. 

HL's website is an excellent tool...

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, RobinB5 said:

The stock price reflects future earnings potential, plus a good dollop of short term profiteering. It'll settle down. 

Hard to see how a company making a loss of over $100m has "future earnings potential". But seriously, this is the problem. We "used" to value companies on their tangible assets, the strength of their balance sheets and cash reserves, and apply a sensible "multiple for future earnings.  But even at initial offer price the "future potential earnings" we a multiple of 11 times revenues and 100 times 2019 profits.  That's some hedge on future performance to be honest and a huge heap of risk to take on as an investment when basically all you have is a crm, some marketing, and an algorithm.  I think I was right. The world has gone flooking nuts, not just nuts.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Making a loss today does not equate to making a loss in the future. And it's the future that is invested in. A company making a loss today might be doing so by massively investing for their future.  Alternatively a company making a loss today might be doing so because their fundamentals are shite. It's all a form of gambling on what you believe will happen in the future. if you want a safe investment try bonds.

This is nothing new. One theory is numeracy was developed to support futures trading in traded crops back in the Neolithic. it's in our nature to take risks and reap the rewards, or die trying.

And sure, these things diverge into busts every couple of decades, but that's just part of the natural cycle.

• Gold FFM

@RobinB5 - you're missing my point. I know all of this and the theory. The point I am making is that increasingly valuations are being driven by anything other than common sense.

However, I've not made a loss ever. So, give me all your money and belongings now, and I will possibly give you something back at some point in the future. maybe :)

These days, it is now just a paper game and I do fear that at some point this will all come crashing down around us. I have started to buy gold bars. Physical gold (10g, 50g, 100g). As it's coming lol....

TLF is for sale. 5 mill. Who's in? :D

• Haha 2

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

I agree with you @C8RKH - you have to base value on fundamentals. Otherwise houses in moss side liverpool should be advertised at £2M

• Love 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

@C8RKH, if you want to see a complete lack of common sense and underlying fundamentals, look no further than Bitcoin. Its value based solely on its rarity. The ultimate abstraction of real value. Having said that, it's not going away. Its volatility will be regulated and it's here to stay. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

TLF is for sale. 5 mill. Who's in? :D

4.75? Can drop the cash off tomorrow you will need somewhere to dry it 

• Haha 1

With money in the bank earning a paltry amount of interest I've been looking in to shares as well as crypto. Researching Dollar Cost Averaging albeit with pounds instead. However, the world government's money printer has got to stop printing at some point.

Signature not working...

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

gold copper lithium (not as sexy as crypto) but gold (always the safe bet when things go tits which i think thats where we are going) copper and lithium (given the insane strive toward carbon neutral both a no brainer) but the bigger risk / uplift is in a junior miner rather than the commmodity itself, bigger risk but bigger reward