free hit
counters
Shares - Page 7 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Shares

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

My pension and investment portfolio grew by six figures too over the past 12 months, but as it is in Pension/ISA wrappers I have no need to worry about CGT or working it all out.

I'm happy to trust in the experts I've chosen and in the last 18 months I have gained just shy of 28% growth across the lot.  Just gives me more time to drive the Evora and drink wine, but obviously not at the same time :driving:

• Love 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

3 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Well @mayevora the tax man will know where to get some CGT .

Only if withdrawn 😁

8 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Well @mayevora the tax man will know where to get some CGT .

But even that threshold has increased significantly over the last couple of decades. 

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Correct - and of course you need to keep meticulous records, especially of your losses to make sure the taxman ONLY takes what is rightfully theirs as they are worse than little elves for taking everything they can....

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

At least last year I managed to save between £10000-12000 doing my own IHT calculations and completing the rest of probate, for my mum's estate and managed to use virtually all the IHT residential nil relief bands, to save paying any IHT.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mayevora said:

I purchase between £30-£50 per day of shares

Who are you using mate? Fidelity charge £10 per trade, would cost a bomb to trade every day with them.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

8 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Who are you using mate? Fidelity charge £10 per trade, would cost a bomb to trade every day with them.

There’s a couple I use but mostly Freetrade at the moment as currently no charges other than a tiny bit of tax on each trade but it’s tiny.

(Only 4-5 years old as a platform)

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Thanks for the referral Ian and the free share in Apple, nice :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

17 hours ago, Kimbers said:

I don't like tech companies

I do & own SMT up 494% since Jan 15, ATT up 214% since Sep 17, AAPL up 257% since Jan 19, NVDA up 122% since May 21 😃

• Like 1

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

14 hours ago, mayevora said:

There’s a couple I use but mostly Freetrade at the moment as currently no charges other than a tiny bit of tax on each trade but it’s tiny.

(Only 4-5 years old as a platform)

Isn't freetrade for US Shares? 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Evora NA

3 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Isn't freetrade for US Shares? 

It can be as most of mine are. Pretty sure Freetrade is for non US Citizens though 

Does it allow Auto reinvestment of Dividends etc?

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Yup. They even have an FAQ 😂

• Like 1

Evora NA

19 hours ago, Bibs said:

Yup. They even have an FAQ 😂

I don't have time to read things these days!!! I have gone from 3 to 4 jobs I am holding down now!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Fidelity account transferred over to Freetrade yesterday so I've been having a bit of a shift around and refreshed what's in there! Good timing by the looks! 

• Like 1

Evora NA

Did you get your free share yet @mayevora?

Evora NA

16 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Did you get your free share yet @mayevora?

I didn’t mate. They usually notify you the instant a recommended individual pays their first £1.00

Needs chasing up, I'll do the same. 

• Like 1

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

Is there a code I need to sign up for the free trade offer for me and the referrer?  

• Like 1