free hit
counters
Water pump reconditioning? - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Water pump reconditioning?

Hi Guys,

I have from Tim Engel (via Jim Knowles) on the USA forum a guide for reconditioning the waterpump.

Mine is starting to weep, and I am going to change it at the same time as the cam belt - like now!

The individual parts are available via JAE (in the US), but has anyone in the UK ever sourced the bearing and face seals?

The parts from JAE are cheap even when compared with a recon SJ pump.

Anyone offer me any advice.

Thanks and TTFN

Glyn

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think JAE sells the pump remanufactured for 275 US. The parts are about 140 US and you need access to a press. Nick the seal or have a worn shaft where the seal won't seal properly, then you'll be doing the job again. Not the most fun job job. So why rebuild it yourself?

Also, a tip is to replace the bolt behind the timing belt with an allen head so you don't have to remove the timing belt next time.

Guest teigan

Also, a tip is to replace the bolt behind the timing belt with an allen head so you don't have to remove the timing belt next time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

great advice. i'd like to make that upgrade. do you have specs on the suitable replacement bolt? length, thread, duty rating, etc. thanks.